• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chat Room for Tomorrow

Shrimp in a Kilt

Will as ever be:

Here

Provided by The Shrimpers Online Team

I'm posting it up early because the weather here in the Highlands has turned sunny, and my son is dragging me all over the hills persecuting innocent and inoffensive fish. Should we be cursed with good weather tomorrow, I might be absent...
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,19:41)]24° today and promising to be the same tomorrow so I very much doubt I will be "chatting" tomorrow ...

WS

wink.gif
Is it the beach, the bar, or the cool of the hills tomorrow then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 24 2005,21:16)]Is it the beach, the bar, or the cool of the hills tomorrow then?
The beach (and one or two of its bars) until about 3:30pm and then the short walk up to the local to watch the latest scores come in and "enjoy" Luton Town v Barnsley, followed by a short walk up the hill to the villa, which will be quite cool ... so ... all three then!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,20:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 24 2005,21:16)]Is it the beach, the bar, or the cool of the hills tomorrow then?
The beach (and one or two of its bars) until about 3:30pm and then the short walk up to the local to watch the latest scores come in and "enjoy" Luton Town v Barnsley, followed by a short walk up the hill to the villa, which will be quite cool ... so ... all three then!

WS

wink.gif
Very nice! Not sure about the Luton though.

We have spectacular beaches and beautiful hills - just need weather like yours now. Then again, if we had weather like yours, the place would be packed out and I wouldn't be able to afford a house, so I'll settle for a bit of rain!

The town is packed out for the first time since the end of October. Although the weather was crap over the winter, at least it meant we had everything to ourselves!

WS

biggrin.gif

Yeah, the winter here is a great time because you can get from a to b without being subjected to an involuntary 28mph limit by the tourists, who seem to think that the (Main A road) is purely for the benifit of sightseers.

Friend came round a bend (on a 60 limit stretch) and a tourist had stopped literally in the middle of the road with car doors wide open and was busy taking a picture of a sheep. He missed the car and the tourist, but not by much. Would they do that in say Leeds or Lyon? Honestly! And in 15 years we've only had one reported sighting of topless sunbathers. They just don't know how to behave.

glare.gif
laugh.gif

any chance of the e-mail service tomorrow as with me being the holy type i will be at church so i can only access via my phone.and i have to work monday as well
sad.gif
.should know in the next day or so if you can expect a bottle of crown royal on the 10th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,21:12)]any chance of the e-mail service tomorrow as with me being the holy type i will be at church so i can only access via my phone.and i have to work monday as well
sad.gif
.should know in the next day or so if you can expect a bottle of crown royal on the 10th.
Strangely, there aren't any services on Good Friday up here, apparently the Presbyterians don't make a bid deal of it, else I would be in Church too. I will do my best, anyway John.

Have you had clearance to come then, John? I was debating with OS about the advisability of taking booze into the Millenium Stadium. Not too sure how to go about it. Will you be in Southend on the Friday by any chance?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 24 2005,22:34)]Strangely, there aren't any services on Good Friday up here, apparently the Presbyterians don't make a bid deal of it, else I would be in Church too. I will do my best, anyway John.
Huge parades through town tomorrow. All the locals turn out carrying huge burning candles as they carry several idols of JC and the clan past various points in the town. I went last year and, being atheist, I found the solemnity of the occasion quite uncomfortable ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,21:52)]several idols of JC and the clan past various points in the town. I went last year and, being atheist, I found the solemnity of the occasion quite uncomfortable ...

WS
Does rather ban "Graven Images" in the Bible..  
smile.gif

I think that there is a place for Solemnity, especially on Good Friday. Have you seen "The Passion"? Whether or not one believes that Jesus was the Son of God, he suffered a dreadful death. But there is not enough joy in the church.

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man? A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever.

That means enjoying all of life as best we can, not walking around with long faces depressing everyone. And (in a feeble and belated attempt to bring this back to topic) it is a long time since I have enjoyed a season like this one!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 24 2005,23:12)]I think that there is a place for Solemnity, especially on Good Friday. Have you seen "The Passion"? Whether or not one believes that Jesus was the Son of God, he suffered a dreadful death. But there is not enough joy in the church.
No, I have not seen it and I doubt I ever will. I don't believe that this Jesus was the son of a god nor do I believe he existed in any shape or form. For me, the bible is a collection of tales and superstitions that are quaint and probably lacking in historical accuracy and I certainly wouldn't even dream of  devoting my life to it or even just letting it guide me at all. No way, José! But, each to their own, and so long as those who do believe don't attempt ram those beliefs down my throat, we can live together harmoniously!!

But, shouldn't this be for another forum?!

WS

smile.gif

if all goes according to plan(which it rarely does)my flight lands at 9.15 friday night then there is a mad dash to try and get some drinks somewhere in southend,but who knows?i will find out more in the next day or so.
any match info would be great as i am sure the sermon will come about half time
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,22:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Mar. 24 2005,23:12)]Does rather ban "Graven Images" in the Bible..  
smile.gif
Eh?

WS

rock.gif
TEN COMMANDMENTS
I. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

etc.

The idea is not to make an image which you then worship. The Catholics deny that this is what they do. All very complicated theologically.
oops.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 24 2005,22:21)]No, I have not seen it and I doubt I ever will. I don't believe that this Jesus was the son of a god nor do I believe he existed in any shape or form. For me, the bible is a collection of tales and superstitions that are quaint and probably lacking in historical accuracy and I certainly wouldn't even dream of  devoting my life to it or even just letting it guide me at all. No way, José! But, each to their own, and so long as those who do believe don't attempt ram those beliefs down my throat, we can live together harmoniously!!

But, shouldn't this be for another forum?!

WS

smile.gif
Absolutely each to his own. But 99.9% of Historians/Theologans/Academics accept on the massive evidence that Jesus was a real historical character, whatever the validity of his claims.

And yes, this should def now be in the Pub, but I hope they don't move it 'cos I would have to post another link to the chat room and I'm too lazy to want to do that!

tounge.gif

Back