• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea reserves

Bratislava Blue

Manager
Not sure if this has been metioned before but Chelsea are playing a reserve fixture against Fulham tonight.

The team is shown here

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1517179,00.html

Their youth team have an FA Youth cup game on Wednesday too, which i find surprising....

Bearing in mind that Scott Sinclair went out on loan and I can't see any of these featuring in our game i can see the squad to face us being alot stronger than in the 1st game....:O

Sawyer is playing, as well as Mancienne, so you would say they defintely wont play at Roots Hall.

Probably be Terry and Carvalho at the back then! No probs for the Rev-master.

You know damn well that big Phil will want a result, 'cos otherwise he'll be on the first plane back to Brazil on Thursday morning.

I've never heard of the vast majority of that reserve squad ... apart from those on duty at OT yesterday, and those out injured (i can only think of Alex) who falls in the "inbetween" group who might play ??

All that is a long winded version of me thinking that the team humbled yesterday will be pretty damn close to the side that we will face Wednesday

I've never heard of the vast majority of that reserve squad ... apart from those on duty at OT yesterday, and those out injured (i can only think of Alex) who falls in the "inbetween" group who might play ??

All that is a long winded version of me thinking that the team humbled yesterday will be pretty damn close to the side that we will face Wednesday

Think he will either play Anelka AND Drogba - which he doesnt think works, or will play just Anelka instead of Drogba.

Think he will either play Anelka AND Drogba - which he doesnt think works, or will play just Anelka instead of Drogba.

Bring them on ... IIRC Drogba had one shot which went out for a throw-in and another effort he air kicked from 8 yards (priceless)

It should be pointed out he contributed about a million times more than Anelka who did precisely nothing in the 45 minutes he was on

Oh i do like to laugh at the afflicted

The squad that played against us at Stamford Bridge was the strongest team available, bar Anelka. The only strengthening that'll happen is Bosingwa replacing Ferreira at Right Back and Terry in at Centre Back which, on yesterdays performance, won't do a great deal of good.

You also have to think about the upcoming Champions League ties, and the Premiership games they have take a new importance after yesterdays result.

I think we'll lose, but if we can get at them in the first 15/20 minutes then the doubts will start to creep in and we'll have a game on our hands...

The squad that played against us at Stamford Bridge was the strongest team available, bar Anelka. The only strengthening that'll happen is Bosingwa replacing Ferreira at Right Back and Terry in at Centre Back which, on yesterdays performance, won't do a great deal of good.

You also have to think about the upcoming Champions League ties, and the Premiership games they have take a new importance after yesterdays result.

I think we'll lose, but if we can get at them in the first 15/20 minutes then the doubts will start to creep in and we'll have a game on our hands...

I have a feeling I'm going to hate JT even more than I already do by the end of Wednesday. Which is already quite a substantial amount.

I think it was Ferreira who failed to follow Clarkes' run in the last game, and he's generally a more sloppy player than Bosingwa, so that's a bit of a blow...

The longer we can hold them at 0-0 the more frustrated they will get. That has to be our aim as well as trying to slip a couple goals in of course....

i really think they will bring a near enough full strength side, no way will big phil risk it.

While I agree with you, I do think that Scolari is postponing the inevitable. His days are numbered whether it be after the Southend game or the next league game, his P45 is coming.

It's a lose lose situation in his eyes really. Beat us and it's no real drama and no extra praise will be heaped upon him - it's kind of expected they win. Lose to us "minnows" and he's a definate gonner.

Pretty young team it seems. Also suggests a strong Chelsea side (as suspected after yesterday's dreadful display) to play Weds.

I only know the obvious plus Nana Ofori-Twumasi, who is my star right back on FM 09 with Southend. :offtopic:?

Not sure if this has been metioned before but Chelsea are playing a reserve fixture against Fulham tonight.

The team is shown here

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1517179,00.html

Their youth team have an FA Youth cup game on Wednesday too, which i find surprising....

Bearing in mind that Scott Sinclair went out on loan and I can't see any of these featuring in our game i can see the squad to face us being alot stronger than in the 1st game....:O

Even their reserve team has almost no English players.

For what it's worth I don't think that tells us anything. I don't think (m)any of that lot started against us?

i really think they will bring a near enough full strength side, no way will big phil risk it.

But what is their full strength side? JT is just back from suspension, and by all accounts didn't look all that match fit on Sunday (I didn't watch the match), so are we actually better off with him playing?

Back