• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Chelsea vs Southend United

Couple of additional thoughts about todays draw. IIRC Chelsea are reasonably good at puting out strong squads against teams in lower divisions......am I correct? Certainly, if we had drawn Arsenal we would be playing against their kids.
Silly point but could this not help us extend the loan of Stanislas as West Ham may be interested to see how their prodigy plays against top class opposition.

Couple of additional thoughts about todays draw. IIRC Chelsea are reasonably good at puting out strong squads against teams in lower divisions......am I correct? Certainly, if we had drawn Arsenal we would be playing against their kids.
Silly point but could this not help us extend the loan of Stanislas as West Ham may be interested to see how their prodigy plays against top class opposition.

Chelsea under Mourinho would always put out pretty much their strongest side, I alwyas thought Mourinho gave great respect to Colchester & Scunthorpe when Chelsea played them. Not sure about Scolari.

Chelsea under Mourinho would always put out pretty much their strongest side, I alwyas thought Mourinho gave great respect to Colchester & Scunthorpe when Chelsea played them. Not sure about Scolari.

I remember that against Col Ewe, Mourinho had a lengthy dossier compiled analysing all the players strengths and weaknesses, tactics etc and at the end of the match he handed it over to the Colchester management, which I thought was a nice touch.

I remember that against Col Ewe, Mourinho had a lengthy dossier compiled analysing all the players strengths and weaknesses, tactics etc and at the end of the match he handed it over to the Colchester management, which I thought was a nice touch.

He did also give that slimy Parky training schedules.:stunned::thumbdown:

to be fair chelseas second team is stronger than most other premier leagues first teams. be good to see how Barrett and Clarke deal with Drogba as he will probably be playing due to his recent injuries and suspensions etc.

to be fair chelseas second team is stronger than most other premier leagues first teams. be good to see how Barrett and Clarke deal with Drogba as he will probably be playing due to his recent injuries and suspensions etc.

Im sure Barrett will employ his usual tactic of wrapping his arms around him.

Can anyone give me an idea of what our allocation will be, plus what do you think the realistic chances of me being able to get a ticket will be considering im not a seaso, or member of anything.

you'd hope we would get at least 5k going by spurs last time. i'm hopeful we will get 6/7k but who knows. but chances off non seaso will be limited and when they do go on general sale you will need to quee likely for some time.

I'm already buzzing for this game, I cannot wait.

I would imagine that Chelsea would field a very strong team aswell, not only being out of the Carling Cup but I was looking at their squad list early and they dont have too many 'fringe' players that the likes of Arsenal would play in the cup games.

Can't wait to see McCormack go in for a 50/50 with Lampard.

you'd hope we would get at least 5k going by spurs last time. i'm hopeful we will get 6/7k but who knows. but chances off non seaso will be limited and when they do go on general sale you will need to quee likely for some time.

Remember staying over in Roots Hall carpark for a cold night after the Hull Game for United Tickets...so queing for long times is not a problem.

Hopefully theres a fair few on general sale after seso's have got theirs

I am ****ing buzzing! Great draw! Best draw ever! Unbelievable Jeff!!

Thats twice in 3 years I've bought a season ticket even though I was missing the first 3 months of the season, but a cup draw has justified every penny. I can't wait!

Chelsea ticket prices will be (according to Chelsea official site):-

Adults £25
Students £18
Children/OAP £12

These prices would have to be agreed with Southend, but I can't imagine RM wanting Chelsea to charge more than that. Also looks like Chelsea are taking the 2.5% reduction off ticket prices, so Adult price could be £24.37. (Good luck all ticket office staff, hope they will have plenty of change ready!).

It's very unlikely we would get more than the 6,500 or so tickets. Some previous posts have suggested that Chelsea will not sell all their 35,000 tickets. But they seem to sell them for most other cup games so I think they will sell pretty much all their tickets.

There are loads of London FA cup 3rd round games I can see quite a few games being switched as to avoid having loads of fans in London on the Saturday.

Chelsea v Southend
QPR v Burnley
Spurs v Wigan
Arsenal v Plymouth
Charlton v Norwich
Orient v Sheff United
West Ham v Barnsley
Watford v Scunthorpe
Millwall v Crewe/Carlisle

Add all those crowds up & it comes to well over 200,000 football fans in London on the same day. So some games will be moved to the Sunday regardless of TV coverage.

We have just under 5,000 season ticket holders, not all will want to go to Chelsea, so I would have thought there will be well over 2,000 tickets available for team card members & then whatever priority the club decide.

Lets hope the club allow more than 2 days of sales to season ticket holders as I there is no need to force Season ticket holders to queue in the car park for hours on end.

Puting aside the question as to whether I can make it or not, I'd like to pose a question that may be useful for those able to go but not sure whether they will be able to get a ticket. It would sound as though our allocation will be easily sold out but the ground is likely to be far from full. So, will it be possible (advisable) to buy, try and buy, tickets in other parts of the ground?

Back