• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it terrace for away supporters? Grim jnr and myself are making the trip on the coach and I was wondering if it is worth going for a seated section (if they have one!) or go for terrace. He did'nt mind the terrace at Bristol Rovers but was alittle restricted with the view. Ant suggestions?
rock.gif

Oh, and is the food any good, like it was at Kiddy??

Thanks!

Info on Whaddon Road

This should help you, matey.

Ive never tried the food there, I kept to the pub food before the game
biggrin.gif

In the home terracing I think the little ones didnt find it too hard to see. It looked like the away end looked ok for people of different heights to watch the game. Hopefully this game will be the first ive seen the away team bring a load of fans down with us and pack out the stand and show Cheltenham what proper support should look like
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 16 2005,21:20)]But wont you be in the home end?!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Thanks for link.
No I bloody wont be!
biggrin.gif

Terrace is pretty small and poxy. It is half covered. If you take Grim Jnr's subutteo set and put together a selection of stands that have no correlation to each other you wil pretty much sum up Whaddon Road.

Terrances cant be more than 8 deep. Never been in seats to comment. Food stand is located in middle of away end. You wll get a decent view fro terrace but if Grim Jnr is young may find elements a bit much..Especially if we take a lot there.

Enjoy 3 points - DtS

Cheers DtS, now im really confused!!!!

I know I should take him in the seating so he can get a better view, but it will be sickening to miss out on the singing and atmosphere!

Dependent on his age I would say take him on th terrace and brave he elements. Imagine how gutted he will be when Che slams in the third of hi perfect hatrick and you are in the seats with all the old boys...

Terrace is awful - very poor non-league.

Excellent view from the seats and there should be quite a few of us in there so I don't think they'll be much in it atmosphere wise, especially as the seats are covered and most of the terrace is not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Mar. 17 2005,10:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 16 2005,20:08)]Oh, and is the food any good, like it was at Kiddy??
Don't buy a Pasty. They're dreadful, no meat, really dry, ended up chucking mine away.
Tread on the pasty! I remember it well.

There'll be loadsa room on the terrace Chris, so you can stand wherever you like to be honest. As has been stated, its pretty sh*t and poxy but it was the place for Drewe's first league goal. Memorable and we went wild. Shame Corty got an OG very late on ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ Mar. 17 2005,13:47)]and then if i remember correctly jay smith had a perfectly good winner disallowed deep into stoppage time?
sad.gif
Yep, I was in the seats level with play and he was a good yard on side.

He even fought his way through two defenders to get to it. So how could he be offside, it was an outrage. I can only presume the officials decided he must have been offside to be able to get to it and leave the Cheltenham boy's standing.
mad.gif

A mate of mine who lives up that way has already bought my 6 seats in the seats. When he went to the ticket office he was actually taken into the away seats area to be shown the view!!!!!!! He reckons that it is pretty good!!

look, no matter where you are at Cheltenham - the place is a dump and will look as such.

worst ground in the league - nast nasty little ground.

Back