• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival tips

Cheers mate.

SkyBet originally had it at 9/2, but with their best odds guaranteed, it changed to 6/1

Lovely start
Thanks for the free bet spot.did the exactly same bet!Betway do money back in £10 1st and last race also.

£20 on Real Steel in the first
All logic out the window now - have money on a horse called Posh Trish because I’m mates with a bird called Trish and a big outsider Western Approach as my father was in the merchant navy.
What could possibly go wrong?

Had £ 5.00 ew on 2.10 Chelt Aspen Colorado at 40/1

Do like Jonjo horses and hopefully the operation on his wind problem will put him right for a place at least no weight to carry a big plus for me

Been an awlful Cheltenham for me so far .....

Do like Jonjo horses and hopefully the operation on his wind problem will put him right for a place at least no weight to carry a big plus for me

At least it's not only me!

Had an ok day so far.

I’m up about £85ish, which is better than a kick in the knackers.

Winners:

£10 on Sire Du Berlais @ 7/2 in the 1:30

£5 on a Sire Du Berlais & Lostintranslation forecast @ 17/1, same as above

£10 on Paisley Park @ 6/4 in the 3:30

Got £10 on Janika for the next one, @ 11/4

Who you thinking for the Gold Cup? I can’t see past Native River (although my knowledge of horse racing isn’t that great)

He says picking out a forecast!!!
If it rains overnight then Native River but if not then it’s wide open.
Hope this helps.

Haha, honestly it’s more luck than judgement.

But if you think that’s lucky, I swear this on my own life, about 5-6 years ago, I picked out a £1 EW reverse trio for the Grand National.

I actually ended up getting 1st & 3rd. The horse that let me down finished 4th or 5th. Even for a nicker, I’m convinced it would have paid thousands. I went on about it for weeks to anyone who’d listen haha.

Pure luck of course, but made me look like I knew what I was doing.

Last edited:
I’m off & away for the weekend, so here’s mine for the day. Spoiler alert, they’re all pretty much favourites:

1:30 Sir Eric

2:10 Whiskey Sour

2:50 Allaho

3:30 Native River

4:10 Shantou Flyer

4:50 what’swrongwithyou

5:30 Early Doors

Good luck everyone

At least you ended on a win GBJ

Sir Eric was cursed from the moment his shoe went prior to jump off , tragedy for the owners and Joseph’s back room team the highs and lows of jump racing alas

Back