• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Gold Cup.

DTS

The Business
Tomorrow we have an introducers day. Basically we have booked a table in a pub and were throwing a bash for all the introducers that give us repeat business. It should be a right **** up.

Snag is my boss who was going to be hosting it is not anymore and now muggins here is.

I know NOTHING about horse racing or the chelts gold cup.

Can my fellow friends on SZ give me some useful snipits or stats so i dont look like a complete tool when talking to people.

Serious answer only please (Fat Chance I know)

ta
Dave

Dave,

in terms of tomorrow there's really only one story - Kauto Star (pronounced Kor-toe, not Kay-toe) vs Denman in the Gold Cup. Both trained by Paul Nicholls, they actually live in adjoining stables.

Kauto is the defending champ, but Denman is the young pretender, who really staked his claim with an awesome victory in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury in November.

There are other decent runners in the race and Halcon Genelardais could be worth a look if there's overnight rain, but really it's all about those two. This is arguably the most eagerly anticipated National Hunt race since the 1960s.

Dave,

in terms of tomorrow there's really only one story - Kauto Star (pronounced Kor-toe, not Kay-toe) vs Denman in the Gold Cup. Both trained by Paul Nicholls, they actually live in adjoining stables.

Kauto is the defending champ, but Denman is the young pretender, who really staked his claim with an awesome victory in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury in November.

There are other decent runners in the race and Halcon Genelardais could be worth a look if there's overnight rain, but really it's all about those two. This is arguably the most eagerly anticipated National Hunt race since the 1960s.

You give info - you get rep - Simple...

Thanks mate....

Horses have four legs ...that is my total knowledge of them ...hope it helps mate ...:report:

The following explanation applies to animals which are similar to horses so it should be sufficient

The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Llamas are larger than frogs.

Llamas are dangerous, so if you see one where people are swimming, you shout:

Look out, there are llamas!

The following explanation applies to animals which are similar to horses so it should be sufficient

The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Llamas are larger than frogs.

Llamas are dangerous, so if you see one where people are swimming, you shout:

Look out, there are llamas!

:D very good mate ...to just add ...Horses bite ,and if you happen to come across an excited male version of the said species ...do not let your girlfriend see it ...

Dave,

Yep, big heads up contest and that probably means £££ at work I'd have thought.

It will be tight to call right up to the day as, I'm told, Kauto Star doesn't like soft ground and a spot of rain could change things.

The Gold Cup is also the third leg of the Betfair Million (involing winning Betfair Chase at Haydock, King George at Kempton (OR Lexus Chase at Leopardstown) and the Cheltenham Gold Cup in the same season) and Kauto Star may win for for the second season running. Last year it was too easy for Kauto Star who I believe started 2/5 on or something crazy like that and never looked back.

This time, Kauto is trading at over evens implying that it probably won't win.

Should be a very dramatic Gold Cup.

Last edited:
Back