• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham reporter impressed

Greenelk

Coach
"credit must be given to Southend who looked a completely different side to the one beaten by Cheltenham on the opening day of the season. On this evidence they look a good bet for the third automatic promotion spot."

Full article here - Chelt Official Site

Seems to be the sort of thing we're reading from people every week now... good to see!!!

15 goal Freddy Easter?
rock.gif

Not quite that many. I went there and dragged 4 non Shrimpers with me.

Apologies to anyone surrounded by persistent chanting of:

"Du-du-du-duh! Freddy Eastwood!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 19 2005,19:37)]Not quite that many. I went there and dragged 4 non Shrimpers with me.

Ah, so you were one of the youngsters near me then, ****ing me off?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Well i thought we totally outclassed them from start to finish, all they did was play back to front football and barrett and prior can lap that up all day long, some interesting scenes after our first goal with what looked like a few getting chucked out and 2 great saves from darryl at the death.

Well Played lads.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Mar. 19 2005,19:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 19 2005,19:37)]Not quite that many.  I went there and dragged 4 non Shrimpers with me.

Ah, so you were one of the youngsters near me then, ****ing me off?  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Tough job but someone's got to do it

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 19 2005,19:37)]Apologies to anyone surrounded by persistent chanting of:

And he scored for you on your Birthday bless 'im
smile.gif

Did anybody else find the view on the terrace really rubbish?

Yeah it was shocking, no matter where you stood you couldn't see much. Don't remember it being that bad when I have been there before.

But we won 3-0 without even breaking into a sweat, so i'm more than happy
biggrin.gif

Standing against the wall just to the right of goal was quite nice in the first half
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ Mar. 19 2005,21:39)]And he scored for you on your Birthday bless 'im
smile.gif
Best birthday present so far
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Did anybody else find the view on the terrace really rubbish?

It was pretty shocking although I quite like lower league grounds like that. Worst thing was I couldn't see if either of Gray's goals went in and just assumed the keeper hadn't pulled off a miracle save both times!

Also funny was that the vast urinals in the gents'. I swear I've never seen so much toilet space for such a small stand!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Mar. 19 2005,21:44)]Yeah it was shocking, no matter where you stood you couldn't see much. Don't remember it being that bad when I have been there before.

But we won 3-0 without even breaking into a sweat, so i'm more than happy
biggrin.gif
That's 'cos you were 2 ****ed last year to remember!!
biggrin.gif

I think i also now know who PoD and Stan are!!

tounge.gif

I had a good view standing up at the back row of the seating erea!
But hopefully we wont be going back there next season!

View was shocking. Despite being just behing the goal where Wayne Gray scored both goals I couldnt actually tell if the ball had gone in or not as I seemed to be at pitch level.

Crap non league ground again..Getting a bit sick of them now. Be glad to play at the likes of Forest and Bristol City next season.

DtS

Also wasn't impressed by the ridiculous policing down by where the seating met the terracing to our right. We were literally parked just by the gate yet somehow couldn't get out that way.

I know that they have regulations and restrictions on exiting the ground but what possible reason is there for not letting maybe 10 of us (incl others) out of the side gate? We're not ten thousand Millwall fans baying for Chelsea blood!!

Back