• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of our fans didn't throw the ball back to stop them having a quick attack. Bit naughty as he caught it cleanly but just rolled it to the front of the stand. So their player took a bit of umbrage. Wasn't too much to it.

Corr was offside when he went back into his own half, but wasn't a bit later when a ball was played down the channel. Missing that handball though was a disgrace!

Thought that their shout was probably a pen in the first half (I have seen them given), but the one that he did give was never a pen in a million years.

Think that sending off the number 5 would of been harsh, as if he wasn't already on a yellow, nobody would of expected anything other than a free kick for the 2nd foul.

Lots of blue tinted specs here.
Really? The number 5 did a number of quite cynical trips and challenges, he was bloody lucky to still be there at the end of the match.

In the West? One of the fans was holding onto the ball and their player got in (not far) and started having a go at him.

The Southend fan threw the ball to the bottom of the stand and the Chesterfield player climbed over and grabbed the ball whilst calling him a "****ing prick". :smile:

The ref was good, right up until we went 3-0 up. From that point, he went really soft on Chesterfield, who in any other scenario would have got a second yellow for that challenge by the number 5. Poor decisions from that point on, including the penalty.

The ref was good, right up until we went 3-0 up. From that point, he went really soft on Chesterfield, who in any other scenario would have got a second yellow for that challenge by the number 5. Poor decisions from that point on, including the penalty.

I agree, if the score was 0-0 he would have walked, think ref took pity on him because he was sh#t anyway :smile:

Seen the penalty on the highlights. As I thought, Hurst doesn't even touch the cheating Roberts, he just threw himself to the floor.

Seen the penalty on the highlights. As I thought, Hurst doesn't even touch the cheating Roberts, he just threw himself to the floor.

Sorry, it does look soft on TV but you cannot say that TV proves there was no contact, because any contact would have been the other side of Roberts from the camera. The ref would have had a similar issue. But Hurst did have his hands on Roberts shoulder which made it look like he hauled him down over his thigh.

I think if the tables were turned we'd be screaming for that one.

Saw the young lad in the Family section of the West roll the ball down the aisle which was a little childish, but then he was a child. I wasn't aware it was a requirement of spectators to return the ball to the field of play when it comes their way.

What a player isn't permitted to do is take upon himself to walk off the pitch and into the stand and swear at a supporter. How that goes unpunished is a mystery. In the family area, too.

Players language is appalling. God knows what they say on the pitch, but the number of times I've heard players abuse Assistants in their face with no punishment is shocking. Used to be a straight red, no questions. Indeed, below the pro game it still is.

Back