• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Kamara

Really doesn't like us...?

rock.gif

I think it's a top article, and have just told him so in an e-mail...

<span style='color:blue'>Dear Kammy,

Just a quick e-mail to say that all of us Shrimpers think you're a top man - especially after reading your superb article on skysports.com about Southend & Steve Tilson.

Incidentally, those in the know also give a big hand in the Shrimpers' success story this season to Paul Brush.  As manager, he had a tough time at Orient... however - he not only brought those battle scars (and thus experience) to add to Tilly's armoury, but he has also brought his superb qualities as coach.  Countless of our squad have said that he's one of the best, if not the best, coaches they've ever worked with.

As we now all sing at Roots Hall: "With Tilly & Brush, we're going up...!"

After more than a decade of hurt, we may even do the double this season, which is fantastic... and it's nice to know that there are some pundits (especially you) who are beginning to recognise our progress and achievements.

Finally, you'd be feted amongst the Shrimpers faithful if you could give Chris Waddle a bit of stick for us by reminding him of his so-called "expert punditry"... the mulleted-one tipped us for relegation at the start of the season.  Needless to say, opinions on our Chrissy aren't too high around Roots Hall at the moment - he could do with coming and eating some humble pie!

Many thanks - keep up the great work.

All the best,

Matt Walker
aka Matt the Shrimp, shrimperzone.com (and Southend Utd. fan since 1990)</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 01 2005,14:40)]Finally, you'd be feted amongst the Shrimpers faithful if you could give Chris Waddle a bit of stick for us by reminding him of his so-called "expert punditry"... the mulleted-one tipped us for relegation at the start of the season.  Needless to say, opinions on our Chrissy aren't to high around Roots Hall at the moment - he could do with coming and eating some humble pie!
Mentioned that to him when I was at the Coca Cola Launch last Month.

He said it's good to prove people wrong
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When Eastwood came to Southend on loan, he scored a hat-trick on his debut on loan and as soon as I saw the goals I knew that he had something about him. I recommended him to two or three clubs and I know a couple of them went to watch him, but they weren&#39;t convinced. They are now, but there&#39;s no point in going to the stable after the horse has bolted.

Who do we think are the Clubs that weren&#39;t convinced by Freddy Eastwood?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 01 2005,14:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When Eastwood came to Southend on loan, he scored a hat-trick on his debut on loan and as soon as I saw the goals I knew that he had something about him. I recommended him to two or three clubs and I know a couple of them went to watch him, but they weren&#39;t convinced. They are now, but there&#39;s no point in going to the stable after the horse has bolted.

Who do we think are the Clubs that weren&#39;t convinced by Freddy Eastwood?
Well Gravesend and Northfleet had a look at him last season and felt that he wasn&#39;t up to conference standard

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 01 2005,14:40)]Really doesn&#39;t like us...?

rock.gif

I
yes Matt I&#39;m confused as well. I thought it was a reasoned article by a man who knows his stuff. Can&#39;t see what the fuss is about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 01 2005,14:44)]They are now, but there&#39;s no point in going to the stable after the horse has bolted
Interesting phrase

biggrin.gif

Generally if you go back to the stable after the horse has bolted you only find donkeys........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 01 2005,14:48)]Paul Jewell at Wigan looked at him, I know that
I knew that one as well. I guess Swindon as well maybe seeing as they had him on trial.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 01 2005,14:54)]And didn't Charlton enquire after him?  Northampton were muted as being interested....  
biggrin.gif
Kept it quiet then did they?

C0lchester supporter last night said they looked at Freddy at Grays and decided he wouldn't make the grade ...

Altogether now, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........  

Charlton and Swindon both had him on trial but wanted him for their reserves if I recall correctly.

Cambridge made an offer for him too but Freddy turned them down - not a bad judge of club then.

I don&#39;t see the problem. Kammy said some good stuff there. Just like he did when he called Roycie&#39;s performance in 97 the best goalkeeping performance he&#39;d seen in 25 years of football.

Kammy gave Tilly Manager of the month and Barrett runner up in player of the month last month. There might be people in the media who don&#39;t rate us but he isn&#39;t one of them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 02 2005,01:48)]I don&#39;t see the problem. Kammy said some good stuff there. Just like he did when he called Roycie&#39;s performance in 97 the best goalkeeping performance he&#39;d seen in 25 years of football.
Which game was that?

My god are people really that thick that they can not see the title of the post was meant to be taken tongue in cheek?
rock.gif

Please do not tell me this is so.

After all look at TFS&#39; &#39;aka&#39;, a man who likes fishing&#33;&#33;

Certainly caught a few whoppers this time mate
oops.gif

Back