• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Mason

KrustyTheKray

President
If anyone see Phil "The Power" Taylor's game last night, you will know why i'm writing this thread!

Mason is just the worlds biggest loser, complaining at how Taylor has bought himself a Bentley etc. What a waste of space Mason is!

When Taylor won his game last night, Mason then preceded to give Taylor a tirade of abuse and dirty looks.

Taylor shook Mason's hand, then Mason just kept hold of his hand and it looked like he hauled Taylor back.

Other players take it on the chin about losing, not Mason!

He deserves a two tournament ban!

mad.gif

Do you not think Taylor came across as rather prissy in his interview though? Mason is a total berk - let's not forget he did time for attacking someone with a hammer! - but Taylor can be very tiresome.

Back to the real action, pull your finger out, Andy Jenkins
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,14:10)]Mason is a total berk - let's not forget he did time for attacking someone with a hammer!
Did he play for Cosenza?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Dec. 29 2006,14:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,14:10)]Mason is a total berk - let's not forget he did time for attacking someone with a hammer!
Did he play for Cosenza?
Eh? I don't understand...
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,16:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
Did he play for Cosenza?
sad.gif
After an Anglo-Italian game in the 90's it was alleged that Ricky Otto and I think Barry Fry were attacked by an opposition player weilding a hammer. Obviously during your Spanish sojourn.

Back to your original point I thought that Taylor was a bit holier than thou. However Mason is a first class knob.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Did he play for Cosenza?
sad.gif
After an Anglo-Italian game in the 90's it was alleged that Ricky Otto and I think Barry Fry were attacked by an opposition player weilding a hammer. Obviously during your Spanish sojourn.

Back to your original point I thought that Taylor was a bit holier than thou. However Mason is a first class knob.
Cheers Harry, what a charming story
laugh.gif

Indeed, I missed all the Anglo-Italian era, all we ever got was the results in the UK papers, which in those days didn't arrive until early the following afternoon....

Good to see that Andy Jenkins bucked up his ideas too. Ending the punting year with a winning bet is most welcome
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Did he play for Cosenza?
sad.gif

Cheers Harry, what a charming story  
laugh.gif

Indeed, I missed all the Anglo-Italian era, all we ever got was the results in the UK papers, which in those days didn't arrive until early the following afternoon....

Good to see that Andy Jenkins bucked up his ideas too. Ending the punting year with a winning bet is most welcome  
smile.gif
I missed a lot of that time as I was travelling a lot, but was back in the UK when that game was played.

My punting year ended badly with our Ashes debacle.
sad.gif
down.gif

Phil Taylor is by far and away the best darts player of a generation and has earned his respect from his fellow players and fans alike. Chris Mason is an arsehole ****head from the back street boozers who got lucky. I had the good fortune to play Taylor way back after our team won a competition but I had broken my throwing arm and only turned up to watch. Im left handed and was plastered up to the elbow but he wouldn't hear of me not playing. 1001, double to start with a 500 lead and him playing left handed to my right handed. Still beat me by 300+ but was an gentleman to the end.

Taylor = Total respect

Mason = w&nker

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Dec. 29 2006,21:30)]Phil Taylor is by far and away the best darts player of a generation and has earned his respect from his fellow players and fans alike. Chris Mason is an arsehole ****head from the back street boozers who got lucky. I had the good fortune to play Taylor way back after our team won a competition but I had broken my throwing arm and only turned up to watch. Im left handed and was plastered up to the elbow but he wouldn't hear of me not playing. 1001, double to start with a 500 lead and him playing left handed to my right handed. Still beat me by 300+ but was an gentleman to the end.

Taylor = Total respect

Mason = w&nker
Good story that!

I met Taylor (ooppss clique alert) at a book signing in Chelmsford a few years ago, and he came across really nice and friendly.

Good luck to Taylor, we wont see another Darts player like him!

The man is an absolute legend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2006,14:10)]Do you not think Taylor came across as rather prissy in his interview though? Mason is a total berk - let's not forget he did time for attacking someone with a hammer! - but Taylor can be very tiresome.

Back to the real action, pull your finger out, Andy Jenkins
mad.gif
Nah, i cannot agree with Taylor being tiresome, he had every right to say what he did in that interview.

If an English golfer, snooker player, or tennis player won 13 world titles or equivalents we'd be lording them up big time.

What Taylor has done in Darts is amazing! To be so consistent for so long is just trully exceptional! And even now, he just doesn't look like being toppled.

I rate him in the same league as these superb sportsmen Ali, Steve Redgrave, Pele, Bobby Moore, George Best, and the like.

We're so lucky Taylor is around in our generation, for all of us to enjoy.

I hope he wins title number 14 and many more after that.

There's only one PHIL TAYLOR!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Dec. 29 2006,22:19)]What Taylor has done in Darts is amazing!  To be so consistent for so long is just trully exceptional!  And even now, he just doesn't look like being toppled.

I rate him in the same league as these superb sportsmen  Ali,  Steve Redgrave, Pele, Bobby Moore, George Best, and the like.
Blimey, IMO the comparison you make is definitely OTT, I am not quite sure if darts can actually be called sport, however the longevity and dedication of Phil Taylor is truly remarkable. He must also be incredibly strong mentally to maintain the desire to carry on year after year, and also keep winning.

Also he gives fat blokes like me hope that one day......
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Back