• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Clean sheets - records

I count myself so very lucky to have been there during Freeman and Cawston's time - both excellent keepers. Both big favourites of mine.
See Eric Steele mentioned - still memories of him letting in 8 away at Gillingham is the stuff of nightmares…Lampard left back too I seem to remember..not the best day out…

I count myself so very lucky to have been there during Freeman and Cawston's time - both excellent keepers. Both big favourites of mine.
i remember during our Div 4 winning season in 80-81, Cawston had gone 10 home games without conceding. We played Bradford City in the Dec, won 3-1 yet he went ballistic at a defender after their error enabled Bradford to score a goal!.
I'm sure Neil Freeman gave up football to join the police?. I'm also certain he got nicked after promotion was secured in 77-78 season, by peeing up a lamp post in Torquay?.

See Eric Steele mentioned - still memories of him letting in 8 away at Gillingham is the stuff of nightmares…Lampard left back too I seem to remember..not the best day out…
I bet anyone way back then after watching the that Gillingham match must have thought it can’t get any worse for Southend ( how wrong we all were )

i remember during our Div 4 winning season in 80-81, Cawston had gone 10 home games without conceding. We played Bradford City in the Dec, won 3-1 yet he went ballistic at a defender after their error enabled Bradford to score a goal!.
I'm sure Neil Freeman gave up football to join the police?. I'm also certain he got nicked after promotion was secured in 77-78 season, by peeing up a lamp post in Torquay?.

Spot on, on both counts sir!

Yes makes me shudder still. As does Palace away in 1990. Think Wright and Bright both bagged hatricks. Not sure but think Sammy was in goal.

Back