• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No Chance. Definate red. Both feet off the floor.

If we were to even consider appealing that, which I doubt we will, then that's just asking for an extra match ban to be added on.

It couldn't be much less of a red has Clifford pulled out a weapon and cut the guy.

Don't worry , he's long gone now and playing for Rangers in some obscure Jock league................

Even if it was debatable, you'd still not appeal it. Only a fool would appeal against a red card most are in agreement with.

The only time you'd want to appeal a red card is when the ref has been played(i.e. someone blatantly dived), mistaken identity, or a hand ball that never was....The league massively favour the referees decision so you need absolute concrete evidence the ref made an error.....We don't have that in this case so we wont be appealing.

No and nor should we. He'd most likely get an additional game ban for wasting time like when we appealed Freddy's red for pushing their bloke in the chest.

Blatant red, not a chance of appeal, probably get increased for being frivolous if we did!

From where I was sitting in East Reds, looked like Calvin Andrew jumped in first, 50/50 challenge from where I was sat. seen that before, when both players have dived in and got sent off...BUT, that probably was never going to happen for 2 reasons:

1. It wasn't long after The Stags' first Red card
2. Andrew was "injured"

Not worth the cost of appealing as Clifford would be nowhere near our first team now Timlin has had a chance to show Brown what he can offer and Laird is back to fitness.

From where I was sitting in East Reds, looked like Calvin Andrew jumped in first, 50/50 challenge from where I was sat. seen that before, when both players have dived in and got sent off...BUT, that probably was never going to happen for 2 reasons:

1. It wasn't long after The Stags' first Red card
2. Andrew was "injured"

Clifford went in two footed and wasn't a controlled tackle, while their player was in control and never going to follow through on Clifford.

I can't see why those reasons are relevant in the ref making a decision. I've seen a decision before where a player has made a poor tackle, been injured from it and after receiving treatment they got sent off.

Clifford went in two footed and wasn't a controlled tackle, while their player was in control and never going to follow through on Clifford.

I can't see why those reasons are relevant in the ref making a decision. I've seen a decision before where a player has made a poor tackle, been injured from it and after receiving treatment they got sent off.

All I said was "from where I was sitting"...end of the day, (yes, you say Andrew was in control) but was still 2 footed...so what if he didn't follow through?

My team's manager is also a referee and he was at the game too. He said those reasons.

The Referee can only give what he sees. On another day, a different Ref looking at the same incident may well have seen it differently. Everyone talks about consistency but we are all individuals with differing views of an event. Even after seeing replays over and over again, sometimes we still can't agree. So what chance has the Ref on his one look at it.

All I said was "from where I was sitting"...end of the day, (yes, you say Andrew was in control) but was still 2 footed...so what if he didn't follow through?

My team's manager is also a referee and he was at the game too. He said those reasons.

That is interesting then. IMO if it's a red then the player should be sent off and the fact they had a player sent off 10 or so minutes before is irrelevant. Sunderland had 2 sent off within moments of each other at the weekend.

Andrew didn't go in 2 footed though.

While we are on the debate on red cards, another thing that annoys me is when commentators or pundits say it was a red card because the "studs were showing" which in the majority of slide tackles they are because it would be physically impossible to slide along the floor with your foot planted in the floor.

Clifford has done that tackle maybe 20 times already this season , and got away with it every time. He was a red card waiting to happen, fortunately it was against a team already with 10 men + we were 1.0 up. Also Timlin & Laird are back so we wont really miss him . He was excellent Oxford away , but has been average since.

That is interesting then. IMO if it's a red then the player should be sent off and the fact they had a player sent off 10 or so minutes before is irrelevant. Sunderland had 2 sent off within moments of each other at the weekend.

Andrew didn't go in 2 footed though.

While we are on the debate on red cards, another thing that annoys me is when commentators or pundits say it was a red card because the "studs were showing" which in the majority of slide tackles they are because it would be physically impossible to slide along the floor with your foot planted in the floor.

Very true, also, everyone may disagree with me here (which isn't a first) but Alabi's red card is debatable. His eyes were focused on the ball when he went into that 50/50 challenge with Prosser. Surely someone, (especially an 18 year old) making their first appearance for their new club wouldn't aim to hurt someone deliberately, risking getting sent off? Its clear he didn't intend it either, as (unless I am mistaken) he was crying when he got sent off?

Very true, also, everyone may disagree with me here (which isn't a first) but Alabi's red card is debatable. His eyes were focused on the ball when he went into that 50/50 challenge with Prosser. Surely someone, (especially an 18 year old) making their first appearance for their new club wouldn't aim to hurt someone deliberately, risking getting sent off? Its clear he didn't intend it either, as (unless I am mistaken) he was crying when he got sent off?

I'd agree with that, more clumsy than malicious. Prosser seemed to head him after the ball and thumping your head against someone of Alabi's build is going to hurt!

I'd agree with that, more clumsy than malicious. Prosser seemed to head him after the ball and thumping your head against someone of Alabi's build is going to hurt!

However, he did come flying in, BUT i will stick to what we said. He was focused on the ball and it was more clumsy that malicious

And I just read that Mansfield are not appealing against theirs....

Back