• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played 93 out of 95 games. Played in the last 88 games, last one he missed was 31/08/2010 in the Gillingham game. Also in all his 93 games, he has started and NEVER been subbed.
Where was he before us?

That fitness is pretty incredible

That makes it even more amazing...Clohessy will get my vote

Well not really, he's been a professional with us for 18 months now so any fitness in his body would've come from we've instilled in him now i'd imagine ... for sure he must've kept himself in trim after leaving Gillingham but that wouldn't be with him now

It's definitely between him, Hall and Phillips for PoTY at the moment. Clohessy's everything you want in a full-back: solid, reliable, energetic, good defender but also gets up and down the wings well and links up down the right, good crosser. Played every game again this season, never gets injured or suspended. Seems like a really good character too, always the first to applaud the fans and you never see him getting involved in any trouble or play-acting or anything like that, just gets on with the game. Model professional. As Smiffy says, first name on the team-sheet and probably the best right-back we've had in my time as a Southend fan. One of Sturrock's best signings (altough we have Tommy Widdrington to thank largely) and could definitely play at a higher level. Makes you wonder what he was doing languishing in non-league with Salisbury.

It's definitely between him and Phillips for PoTY at the moment. Clohessy's everything you want in a full-back: solid, reliable, energetic, good defender but also gets up and down the wings well and links up down the right, good crosser. Played every game again this season, never gets injured or suspended. Seems like a really good character too, always the first to applaud the fans and you never see him getting involved in any trouble or play-acting or anything like that, just gets on with the game. Model professional. As Smiffy says, first name on the team-sheet and probably the best right-back we've had in my time as a Southend fan. One of Sturrock's best signings (altough we have Tommy Widdrington to thank largely) and could definitely play at a higher level. Makes you wonder what he was doing languishing in non-league with Salisbury.

Totally agree with you there Shrimpboy, where as there is always speculation about the likes of Hall/ Ferdinand being sold, we have two gems in Phillips and clohessy, who I hope escape the eyes of any scouts from bigger teams looking for some decent defenders.

For me they have been two of our best players this season.

Aah you almost had me fooled, until this this late slip Gree

I think I just figured out what you mean - I am genuinely a fan of Clohessy - I wasn't being snidey or anything! Every payer makes mistakes, but his play was summed up by the manner he dealt with it, energy, great tackling, passing and above all - great attitude in getting his head down and dealing with the situation - there was no way he was giving up on that ball. Sean gets my vote.

I think I just figured out what you mean - I am genuinely a fan of Clohessy - I wasn't being snidey or anything! Every payer makes mistakes, but his play was summed up by the manner he dealt with it, energy, great tackling, passing and above all - great attitude in getting his head down and dealing with the situation - there was no way he was giving up on that ball. Sean gets my vote.

I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the shot on goal he didn't believe.

A great player for us and always reliable, makes very minimul mistakes, gets forward at every opportunity, his attacking crosses are 2nd to none and a great signing.

Player of the season for me will be between Clohessy and Phillips without a doubt. Or maybe Granty will hit form if comes back into the side and have a late surge of the form he showed at the early part of last season

Phillips or Clohessy, it is close. Hall, Dicko and Timlin fighting for third spot in my eyes.

Agreed TB. Watch it certain posters might knock you for how you worded the question. biezbubz being one.

For me our dip in form relates to Sean. In the first part of the season he was consistently on the overlap, doing the step overs and getting the ball into the box. With Bilel playing at right midfield this has not been the way he could play and that threat has gone. Big fan of Bilel and he adds something with a different threat in that position but the way it has nullified Sean is justification in itself to get Ryan Hall playing there.

Back