• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club finances and the new ground

blue scorpion

Youth Team
I am a bit confused.

I thought that a development company was building the new ground as part of the overall scheme of FF and Roots Hall and that the club would then rent the ground from that company.

A few posts on this site seem to be suggesting that the clubs finances are being adversely affected by some form of monetary input into the new ground.

Can anybody explain the situation please.

Ron Martin has said in the past that none of the Club's money has been used, or will be used, for the development of the new ground. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some money of Ron's or of one of his other companies which may have been used for investment in the football club has now been used elsewhere instead but there's no way of knowing.

We're in the financial state we're in because our outgoings haven't dropped by anything like what our income has since we were relegated from the Championship.

Ron Martin has said in the past that none of the Club's money has been used, or will be used, for the development of the new ground. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some money of Ron's or of one of his other companies which may have been used for investment in the football club has now been used elsewhere instead but there's no way of knowing.

We're in the financial state we're in because our outgoings haven't dropped by anything like what our income has since we were relegated from the Championship.

Well they should have. Crowds have held up well. Why are we paying League One staff Championship wages?

Indeed. I presume it's because we were trying to get back up at the first attempt. Personally I'd have hoped that we'd have been writing pay cuts in the event of relegation into our players' contracts.

TBH I doubt whether RM would be putting much of his or MD's money into the club if it was not for the potential return from the new development.
Without the development potential for RH or B&L Jobson would have found it nigh on impossible to sell out as recently very few people have invested in football clubs (let alone a lower league one) without having one eye on making a return on their investment

TBH I doubt whether RM would be putting much of his or MD's money into the club if it was not for the potential return from the new development.
Without the development potential for RH or B&L Jobson would have found it nigh on impossible to sell out as recently very few people have invested in football clubs (let alone a lower league one) without having one eye on making a return on their investment

Not quite sure what recent investment practice has to do with Jobson's sell out potential, as he's been dead nearly 10 years.

That seems recent to me Mick, it must be my age ...

Theres a theory behind that. Example, when you are 1, 1 year represents 10% of your life and seems to take forever. So when you are 2, 1 year is 5% and seems to come round a bit quicker.
Obviously for a fifty year old, a year is only 2% of your life so it doesnt appear to take long at all. People of 50 ish think of something that happened 3 or 4 years ago and it turns out is was really 6 or 7 years ago.

Is this off topic?

Theres a theory behind that. Example, when you are 1, 1 year represents 10% of your life and seems to take forever. So when you are 2, 1 year is 5% and seems to come round a bit quicker.
Obviously for a fifty year old, a year is only 2% of your life so it doesnt appear to take long at all. People of 50 ish think of something that happened 3 or 4 years ago and it turns out is was really 6 or 7 years ago.

Is this off topic?

Yes but scarily accurate none the less:stunned:

Back