• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
I am reliably informed that Nat West are prepared to enter into the football arena, with their sponsorship of southend united over the next 5 years to the tune of £5m, but its dependent on the new stadium receiving approval and then nat west will step into the clear breach between the sale of roots hall and the purchase of the new stadium and developement of the land, as the current debt is about £4.5m and then there will be an additional shortfall between the 2 developements, but this is a sign that the debt is shifting into the hands of a bank. the deal is going to be struck on the 20/6 at the club when they host an evening for the world cup and boxholder

Interesting, although I'll believe it when I see it.
Maybe related to NatWest being part of the RBS group.

If this is true, wager on 'the' new ground being something to do with NatWest
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 15 2006,16:18)]If this is true, wager on 'the' new ground being something to do with NatWest
rock.gif
The new ground will have a sponsor as part of it's name - there is no way that Ron won't do that, he's a businessman and a realist. Middlesborough, Arsenal and Bolton to name but three have gone down this route - we will too.

We will probably call it Fossetts Farm, the same as Arsenal fans will call their ground Ashburton Grove still - the best we can hope for, is that the road the ground sits on is called "Sid Broomfield Way" along the same lines as Old Trafford.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ May 15 2006,16:32)]The Lady Hillary Stadium
At last a club naming their stadium after me
biggrin.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if this is true. NatWest has a long history in the town.

This would be an excellent sponsor for the club - the best ever?
I mooted the idea of an RBS-linked sponsorship next season about sixth months back - what with them being one of the biggest employers in the town, and the national credit card processing HQ.

my friend who works in the Natwest commercial centre in Basingstoke is going speak to someone he knows in the company that may know a bit more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ May 15 2006,16:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ May 15 2006,16:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ May 15 2006,16:32)]The Lady Hillary Stadium
At last a club naming their stadium after me
biggrin.gif
He said Lady Hillary, Hills...  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry Hils - completely untrue of course but very funny!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TMWLT @ May 15 2006,14:15)]I am reliably informed that Nat West are prepared to enter into the football arena, with their sponsorship of southend united over the next 5 years to the tune of £5m, but its dependent on the new stadium receiving approval and then nat west will step into the clear breach between the sale of roots hall and the purchase of the new stadium and developement of the land, as the current debt is about £4.5m and then there will be an additional shortfall between the 2 developements, but this is a sign that the debt is shifting into the hands of a bank. the deal is going to be struck on the 20/6 at the club when they host an evening for the world cup and boxholder
I think I shall be first to say what a load of twaddle.

Knowing RBS group like I do, I would also say this is unlike, tho shirts sponsor for RBS Cards isn't.

Back