• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great news, Well done Ben. Sounds like it was much deserved after his performance.

I'd rather he kept a lower profile, but it's way too late now. Well done Ben. Westley as manager???

Well deserved, just shows even with the handicap of Diabetes, if you look after yourself and put in the effort, you get the rewards, well done Ben Coker:clap:

One of the scunthorpe staff were sitting behind me in the directors box and just before Coker went on his run and scored he was talking into his walkie-talkie to the bench about how good our left back is and that he will be playing at a higher level.

Hopefully that higher level will be with us, but if not good luck to Ben.

Brown's best signing by a country mile. I've never come away from a game thinking Ben's had a stinker! I actually wonder if its ever crossed Brown's mind to use him as a winger. He tried that experiment with Straker and Coker is the far better player!

Brown's best signing by a country mile. I've never come away from a game thinking Ben's had a stinker! I actually wonder if its ever crossed Brown's mind to use him as a winger. He tried that experiment with Straker and Coker is the far better player!

He definitely could play there, think he did quite a bit in his time with Col U and in his non-league days. Very good shout in my opinion, could give the midfield a much better balance (instead of playing a CM out of position and essentially nullifying any threat from the wing in which they are playing on as they drift inside). White at LB, O'Neill at RB. With his qualities going forward this would be a great idea. Think of how many assists he could get playing further forwards!

Was going to suggest he would be an excellent winger too. Thing is he is very willing to take players on and we don't have many players like that in our squad.

No no no no, common misconception that a good full back automatically means good winger. He is effective because of the position he comes from I.e. Deep. If he was to play on the wing he would have a full back up his backside marking him out the game.....coming from LB means he is on the move, assisting wingers with attacking intent......simple footy. And he defends so well too.

Stevenage away last season.......but I take your point

Back