• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unless I'm mistaken, the club do have a policy and that is to sell to STH's first and foremost. Everyone knows the situation and is aware of it. Don't come on whining about how you can't get a ticket and its so unfair because you go to every away game - the club set out their stall at the start of the season and is a method that is as fair as any other. However, if you travel by the trust coaches you are special enough to get a ticket, certainly more special and loyal than those who make their own way to games!  
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Jan. 03 2006,17:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 03 2006,16:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Jan. 03 2006,16:42)]Why does one person deserve a ticket more than another? The argument can go on forever, i dont go to many away games anymore but have travelled all over the country watching Southend for 25 years does that make me more or less deserving than the fan that has travelled to every away game this season? Or more or less deserving than the fan that has had a seaso for 10 years?

The trouble is you cannot and will not please everyone, to suggest you deserve something is utter rubbish.
bingo

The seaso who has come to moan may have spent more in 25 years coming to home games than a few spotty oiks on the coaches who have the time to go to the far-flung outbacks of football...
I know exactly who you are talking about. But thank you, I am not a spotty oik. I am 25. And frankly should know better than to go to so many away games. But I do, and for that all I was saying that I would feel hard done by at not being able to go to Layer Road. And that point still stands. I have not been to either of the Layer Road games in the LDV or the infamous Orient debacle, just because I wasn't a season ticket holder, and frankly it p%&ses me off.
doing 6 months inside for those c%&ts, thats enough, not a few poncy coach trips x

The way i see it seaso commit themselves by investing in the club, wether they go the games or not is immaterial as they've already parted with the cash.

It gives me great delight to say I've only been forest away this year. I will get my Col U ticket with my STH.
tounge.gif
nerr nerr ner ner nerrr

The season ticket holders deserve absolute priority.

These are the people that payout there hard earned up front without knowing if the season will be a success or a miserable, Alvin Martinesque disaster.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 04 2006,12:56)]The season ticket holders deserve absolute priority.

These are the people that payout there hard earned up front without knowing if the season will be a success or a miserable, Alvin Martinesque disaster.
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I, too, gave some moment ago.

PS....If I can't go, i will be putting the ticket for sale on Ebay.
tounge.gif
double nerr !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 04 2006,12:45)]However, if you travel by the trust coaches you are special enough to get a ticket, certainly more special and loyal than those who make their own way to games!  
glare.gif
Didn't take you too long to jump on the 'it's sooooo unfair' & lets have ago at the trust bandwagon did it
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 03 2006,09:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Jan. 03 2006,09:13)]Think that the Shrimpers Trust should be given an allocation. Just imagine that for what ever reason you've done half the away games including all the christmas games and find out your not getting a ticket.
The club doesn't see any of that money though, does it?

Those who pay up front for a season ticket should get first refusal.

Simple as.
Totally agree with this, the club decide who gets first dibs, the STH's invest the money upfront each season so they should get first shout on tickets in demand.

Im a STH and have been for many years. I pay out my hard earned cash in May for the following season, not knowing if its going to be a good or bad one. Once Ive paid out my money, thats it, Im committed to going to every home game or else Im losing money!
Due to home and work commitments I am unable to go to every away game. Yes I can usually manage those nearer to home - ie 2/3 hours travelling and so go to those games.
I sympathise with those who go to every away game, but maybe wont get a ticket for Col U. Off course you deserve to get a ticket as do I. Obviously there is a problem with the Col U game - not enough to go around. But when I buy my ST I do so knowing the club will give me some priority for these sort of situations. If this is taken away then I think a lot of STH will think twice come renewal time for next season.
Perhaps we can lobby Col U to give us more space as there supporters wont be needing it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 04 2006,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 04 2006,12:45)]However, if you travel by the trust coaches you are special enough to get a ticket, certainly more special and loyal than those who make their own way to games!  
glare.gif
Didn't take you too long to jump on the 'it's sooooo unfair' & lets have ago at the trust bandwagon did it  
tounge.gif
Who's having a go at the Trust
wow.gif
I'm having a go at the moaners who think they have a god given right to a ticket just because they travel by Trust coaches!!
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 04 2006,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 04 2006,13:29)]
[b said:
glare.gif
tounge.gif
Who's having a go at the Trust  
wow.gif
 I'm having a go at the moaners who think they have a god given right to a ticket just because they travel by Trust coaches!!
oops.gif
Ooops - must of read it wrong or I'm going senile
ghostface.gif

Beaver, I've left a message re the other business
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Jan. 03 2006,17:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 03 2006,16:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Jan. 03 2006,16:42)]Why does one person deserve a ticket more than another? The argument can go on forever, i dont go to many away games anymore but have travelled all over the country watching Southend for 25 years does that make me more or less deserving than the fan that has travelled to every away game this season? Or more or less deserving than the fan that has had a seaso for 10 years?

The trouble is you cannot and will not please everyone, to suggest you deserve something is utter rubbish.
bingo

The seaso who has come to moan may have spent more in 25 years coming to home games than a few spotty oiks on the coaches who have the time to go to the far-flung outbacks of football...
I know exactly who you are talking about. But thank you, I am not a spotty oik. I am 25. And frankly should know better than to go to so many away games. But I do, and for that all I was saying that I would feel hard done by at not being able to go to Layer Road. And that point still stands. I have not been to either of the Layer Road games in the LDV or the infamous Orient debacle, just because I wasn't a season ticket holder, and frankly it p%&ses me off.
Can't see why you missed out. Quite a few Shrimpers in the away end for all those games.

I think that all those fans that go to all away games should be banned from Col U tickets, yes they may claim to have been supporting our team yet all they have done is to add to the coffers of all our opponents which means that they have increased their turnover and due to the salary cap could now potentially afford better players which could ruin our chances of winning games !!!
wink.gif

Back