• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col******r sign Cureton

What do you think guys, is he a good or bad signing for us.
He did very well for Col******r on loan last season, but he has blown a bit hot and cold in the past with other clubs.
He did have a very bad time at Swindon, but now he is amongst his Reading mates, Parky and Watson I think he will have a good attitude and do the business for us.
Third signing this week after Brown and Garcia signed new contracts, pity about Dannsy although I hear we have told Birmingham to stick their £500K bid, so they will have to up their bid, interesting times
biggrin.gif

To be honest, and not just because you're Col Ewe, I think Cureton is pretty poor. There is no way on earth that he is Championship quality. I cannot see many goals in the CCC ferom Iwelumo and Cureton to be perfectly honest, and without Danns dozen or so from midfield I cannot see Col Ewe averaging a goal a game in the CCC. You didn't score that many last season, for heaven's sake.

Also he is amongst his former Reading mates - for now!

I must sat that I thought Curetons record at Championship level was quite good. However most of his career goals have come at League 1 (Division 3) level. So he is not completely proven at the higher level.

He has also moved around a bit over the last year or two, i think he had some time in Korea, which was not a good career (sorry
sad.gif
) move for him. This is normally a sign that a player is on a downward curve.

Know what you mean guys, but he is just one of those players who can turn a half chance into a goal, I would fancy him to score 15 or so next season injuries etc permitting.
He did link very well with big Chris last season, Iwelumo looked a different player with Curo playing alongside him.
I think Watson and Parky will be at Layer Road next season, but Parky will probably be gone after that.
I know Parky has players in mind to replace Danns, he is just waiting for the outcome of the transfer first.
I see Tilson is saying that he needs another nine players to boost your squad for next season, that is a tough task given your likely transfer kitty, unless of course you sell Eastwood to fund everything else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ June 02 2006,15:54)]I must sat that I thought Curetons record at Championship level was quite good. However most of his career goals have come at League 1 (Division 3) level. So he is not completely proven at the higher level.

He has also moved around a bit over the last year or two, i think he had some time in Korea, which was not a good career (sorry  
sad.gif
I think that was a big money (wages) move for him mate, but he missed the UK and only lasted 6 months out there.

I have loads of mates who support Brighton and they all say Iwelumo is well well out his depth in the Championship so I would be amazed if he gets many.

Not just saying this as I think Col******r are the scummiest bunch of inbreds I have ever witnessed but I really think he is sh!t. Cureton is decent but never really dont a lot at that level.

Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 02 2006,16:05)]I have loads of mates who support Brighton and they all say Iwelumo is well well out his depth in the Championship so I would be amazed if he gets many.

Not just saying this as I think Col******r are the scummiest bunch of inbreds I have ever witnessed but I really think he is sh!t. Cureton is decent but never really dont a lot at that level.

Oo.gif
Cheers for that Dave, spoken like a true Southend fan
tounge.gif

Every time I've seen Iwelumo play he's looked like a donkey, especially in Col Ewe's home game with Hartlepool - he missed so many chances it was unreal!
Cureton isn't a bad player, but I'm not convinced he can still cut it at Championship level.

As for us needing nine players, we'll probably get mostly frees and loans so it won't hurt the bank balance too much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ June 02 2006,16:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ June 02 2006,15:54)]I must sat that I thought Curetons record at Championship level was quite good. However most of his career goals have come at League 1 (Division 3) level. So he is not completely proven at the higher level.

sad.gif
I think that was a big money (wages) move for him mate, but he missed the UK and only lasted 6 months out there.
Dog and chips for 6 months would be enough for anyone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ June 02 2006,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ June 02 2006,16:02)]
[b said:

sad.gif
I know mate, never go to McDonalds
biggrin.gif

I think Kentucky fried rat is popular over there though
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ June 02 2006,16:18)]Every time I've seen Iwelumo play he's looked like a donkey, especially in Col Ewe's home game with Hartlepool - he missed so many chances it was unreal!
Cureton isn't a bad player, but I'm not convinced he can still cut it at Championship level.

As for us needing nine players, we'll probably get mostly frees and loans so it won't hurt the bank balance too much.
True, the trouble is the higher up the league you go the higher the quality of free transfer and loan players you have to get in.
Then wages become an issue, I wonder how many free transfer's actually cost a fair bit in signing on fees.

I know what you mean about big Chris, I thought he was a bit of a Donkey myself when he signed, but he is a big lad who puts himself about a bit and will be a good foil for Cureton.
If he scores 19 next season I will not be complaining!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ June 02 2006,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ June 02 2006,16:02)]
[b said:

sad.gif
The final straw was when his poodle ended up as satay.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ June 02 2006,16:34)]True, the trouble is the higher up the league you go the higher the quality of free transfer and loan players you have to get in.
Then wages become an issue, I wonder how many free transfer's actually cost a fair bit in signing on fees.
Damnit, I was trying to convince myself our player situation isn't a problem... now i have to face reality!
tounge.gif
down.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ June 02 2006,16:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ June 02 2006,16:34)]True, the trouble is the higher up the league you go the higher the quality of free transfer and loan players you have to get in.
Damnit, I was trying to convince myself our player situation isn't a problem... now i have to face reality!
tounge.gif
down.gif
wink.gif
Cheer up mate, there is probably at least one other club, given their pi$$ poor crowds who have less money than your lot to spend.................us
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ June 02 2006,16:56)]and Loo-town of course
wink.gif

They already have Vine and Morgan who are ex Col******r players, and are amongst the clubs said to be interested in Danns and Halford, but can they afford them, I suspect not!

Back