• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cole has gone to Liverpool

Shame.

I hoped he'd have gone to a big European club.

He had nothing to prove in England so should have moved abroad, not backwards.

I think it's a good move for him. He'll walk into the first-team there and could be a star player for them and revive his England career. I hope he does well there as I like Joe Cole.

Shame as I'd have personally liked to see him at Arsenal. With Roy Hodgson and now Joe Cole I'm going to find it difficult to dislike Liverpool this season, although I'm sure that Steven Gerrard will put that right for me before too long.

Purely for financial reasons i reckon. Before the World Cup he was quoted as saying "I am leaving it to my agent to sort out" which is shameful. I would have like to hear "Im am going to arsenal i want champs league footy" or I am going to Tottenham cos I want to play for Harry" instead he has more or less said "I am going to the place that my agent gets the best deal from"

The bloke is already a multi millionaire whats a few more grand a week, and he wont even be playing Champs league.

Purely for financial reasons i reckon. Before the World Cup he was quoted as saying "I am leaving it to my agent to sort out" which is shameful. I would have like to hear "Im am going to arsenal i want champs league footy" or I am going to Tottenham cos I want to play for Harry" instead he has more or less said "I am going to the place that my agent gets the best deal from"

The bloke is already a multi millionaire whats a few more grand a week, and he wont even be playing Champs league.

Given the stage of his career I don't begrudge him going for the bigger wage, and let's face it, he'll be reverred on Merseyside if he can help renovate the club.

I don't think he meant "leave it for my agent to sort out" as "I'll see who my agent can convince to give me the most money", I think that was more of a "I'll leave my agent to drum up interest while I concentrate on getting into Capello's 11" kind of motive.

What is the preoccupation with playing in the Champions League? It was the same when people commented on Flamini moving to AC Milan a couple of years. This is AC Milan and Liverpool we're talking about - two of the biggest, most famous, most successful Clubs in the World. Surely the lure of playing for them is greater than the lure of playing in an over-hyped cup competition?

What is the preoccupation with playing in the Champions League? It was the same when people commented on Flamini moving to AC Milan a couple of years. This is AC Milan and Liverpool we're talking about - two of the biggest, most famous, most successful Clubs in the World. Surely the lure of playing for them is greater than the lure of playing in an over-hyped cup competition?

Pretty harsh on AC Milan tbh. They've won at least six titles since Liverpool were last serious title contenders.

I would have thought a player wants to play at the highest level possible and in club football the CL is as high as you can go. However for a lot of these blokes who already have more money than they could ever spend, its all about earning even more. Maybe the Joe Cole hype paved the way for the Liverpool deal. Personally I cant remember the last time I saw him have an outstanding game and there must be something in the fact that hos last three Chelsea managers - certainly no mugs - decided he wasn't good enough to start most matches.

I would have thought a player wants to play at the highest level possible and in club football the CL is as high as you can go. However for a lot of these blokes who already have more money than they could ever spend, its all about earning even more. Maybe the Joe Cole hype paved the way for the Liverpool deal. Personally I cant remember the last time I saw him have an outstanding game and there must be something in the fact that hos last three Chelsea managers - certainly no mugs - decided he wasn't good enough to start most matches.

Yes, I think this is known as injury.

I was gutted to start with being a spurs fan on the side then i thought about it a bit more a realised he wouldn't get in the 1st team at spurs so the little greedy nob can sod off up north an not play champions league football !

Back