• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Compaq Laptops

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Has anyone ever had one before?

I bought my Presario V6000 this time last year and already the disk drive is ****ed and the battery only lasts for 20 minutes before running out. Are they all this ****, or am I just the lucky one?

I've been sold a pup, haven't I? I'd never had this trouble with Dell or the HP one that work gave me.

TrueBlue says he has exactly the same laptop and it works fine a year and that HP own Compaq so they should be decent quality tell him it must be a one off and should be under warrenty.

I've got a Toshiba one thats 2 years old and the battery has never lasted more than 2 hrs. Panasonic ones Ive used at work must be powered by the duracell bunny as they go for miles....

Ive got a Compaq laptop and has been running ok for about 5-6 years i believe although the battery is **** as you say.

My Dell Inspiron is about 18 months old but I keep getting a message saying the battery should be replaced, the performance of the PC seems to have deteriorated badly over the past few weeks and despite defragmenting the hard drive have only experienced a brief upsurge in performance!

Any IT people care to offer any advice?

My Dell Inspiron is about 18 months old but I keep getting a message saying the battery should be replaced, the performance of the PC seems to have deteriorated badly over the past few weeks and despite defragmenting the hard drive have only experienced a brief upsurge in performance!

Any IT people care to offer any advice?

if beckam is plugging a pc get that

I think it must be the mains issue. I've been using it as a desktop computer for a year, but 16mins of battery is taking the **** a little, isn't?

I think the warranty is out now, so I might have to wander around Brixton with it and see what happens...

Holtspur Shrimper said:
Do you run it off the mains alot? If you run it off the mains then it will run the battery life down!
I didn't know that. Probably explains why my battery packed up after about 3 years.

Slipperduke said:
I think it must be the mains issue. I've been using it as a desktop computer for a year, but 16mins of battery is taking the **** a little, isn't?

I think the warranty is out now, so I might have to wander around Brixton with it and see what happens...
Slip, I picked up a new battery for my HP for about £35 - a1 batteries.co.uk or something like that

The mains thing isnt strictly correct . Its to do with the charging , a battery will last longer if it is allowed to "discharge" completly then you charge it back up . If the battery is contiuniusly charged in dribs and drabs that reduces its life, however if your running it off the mains it shouldnt be the case.

Back