• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Computer Help Needed

EastStandBlue

Life President
Ok, was just browsing the net this evening after work and all of a sudden an error came up after I closed a pop-up...Not being able to get rid of it, I turned my laptop off and then on again.

It performed a "Chkdsk" (Check Disk I presume) which ran fine, but since then I keep getting errors everytime I try to open any programme whatsoever. I've figured out that if I leave the error box open and then click on the icon again it opens the application, but it's irritating the f*ck out of me.

The error that pops up says:

"The instruction at "0x00409d04" referenced memory at "0x000b8000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

No matter what I click, nothing happens. Scanned for virus's and Spyware but nothing happening. Any Ideas?

I take absoleutly no credit for this post, how it affects your computer or if it makes it worse. Was just having a quick google and found this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I solved the RUNDLL32.EXE APPLICATION ERROR problem. Here's what I did: 1) When the error message appeared I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete to make the Windows Task Manager dialogue box appear; 2)In the WTM dialogue box I clicked the "Applications" tab...there was the RUNDLL32.EXE error message. I right-clicked the error message and chose "go to process"; this flipped me back to the process list to a process named "CSRSS.EXE"; 3) Then I right-clicked the "Start" tab at the lower left of the screen and chose "search"; I searched "CSRSS.EXE" in "My Computer" and found three matching files; 4) Only one of the files was actually the complete name, the other two were just "CSRSS" without the ".EXE"; 5) I right-clicked the "CSRSS.EXE" file and chose "open containing folder"; this took me to the "Prefetch" folder; 6) I removed the prefetch file, "CSRSS.EXE", put it in the trash and restarted the computer.

Since I've done the above the error message has disappeared and not returned. God knows what won't work now that the file is missing, but at least the error message is gone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nocrash.com/ncbbs/msgs/3087.shtml

I take absoleutly no credit for this post, how it affects your computer or if it makes it worse. Was just having a quick google and found this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I solved the RUNDLL32.EXE APPLICATION ERROR problem. Here's what I did: 1) When the error message appeared I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete to make the Windows Task Manager dialogue box appear; 2)In the WTM dialogue box I clicked the "Applications" tab...there was the RUNDLL32.EXE error message. I right-clicked the error message and chose "go to process"; this flipped me back to the process list to a process named "CSRSS.EXE"; 3) Then I right-clicked the "Start" tab at the lower left of the screen and chose "search"; I searched "CSRSS.EXE" in "My Computer" and found three matching files; 4) Only one of the files was actually the complete name, the other two were just "CSRSS" without the ".EXE"; 5) I right-clicked the "CSRSS.EXE" file and chose "open containing folder"; this took me to the "Prefetch" folder; 6) I removed the prefetch file, "CSRSS.EXE", put it in the trash and restarted the computer.

Since I've done the above the error message has disappeared and not returned. God knows what won't work now that the file is missing, but at least the error message is gone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nocrash.com/ncbbs/msgs/3087.shtml

Would make sense if it's linked to that exe file. The prefetch folder is there to make windows run quicker - it looks for copies of the file there first before going of on a hunt through all the windows folders. If the copy becomes corrupted then it wont run properly. Deleting it makes windows look for the original file to run.

A great IT forum for help with pretty much everything from the experts is www.geekstogo.com. I had a severe computer problem last year and it was sorted within about 3 days.
Normally get a reply within a couple of hours, and they are very - very helpful.
If not, someone else might be able to recommend a solution.

And I guess that answer didn't help then - sorry! :)
Jay

It must be your Flux converter has dislogged your capacitor.

I know these fings.

Ok, was just browsing the net this evening after work and all of a sudden an error came up after I closed a pop-up...Not being able to get rid of it, I turned my laptop off and then on again.

It performed a "Chkdsk" (Check Disk I presume) which ran fine, but since then I keep getting errors everytime I try to open any programme whatsoever. I've figured out that if I leave the error box open and then click on the icon again it opens the application, but it's irritating the f*ck out of me.

The error that pops up says:

"The instruction at "0x00409d04" referenced memory at "0x000b8000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

No matter what I click, nothing happens. Scanned for virus's and Spyware but nothing happening. Any Ideas?

You probably need to clean up your profile a bit on the laptop and check that your Virtual Memory settings are set correctly in line with your RAM memory. If the laptop is constantly on,or you always keep it fully charged, run the battery down by using it without the power plugged in. Once it has shut off, then recharge fully. You could have a memory drain.

If you need help with the other 2 things, let me know!

You probably need to clean up your profile a bit on the laptop and check that your Virtual Memory settings are set correctly in line with your RAM memory. If the laptop is constantly on,or you always keep it fully charged, run the battery down by using it without the power plugged in. Once it has shut off, then recharge fully. You could have a memory drain.

If you need help with the other 2 things, let me know!

Tried that, still getting the error messages... Just about ready to throw the f*cking thing out the window.

What I can see from googling is that its a Football Manager problem. Try unistalling & reinstalling? (If of course you're running it). Or go to their website?

When you select the System restore app a calendar pops up and you choose which restore point you want to use.

Yeah saw that once I used the programme... Seems like it was something that installed itself onto my laptop this afternoon, but the system restore has fixed that, Thanks for the help people.

You will NOT beat this place. They will give you support on any virus you have, advice on freeware to prevent them reappearing and there are separate forums for Operating System specific questions. You may have to be patient but every time I had a virus, freeware, adware etc they talked me through step by step fixing it and they are very patient and used to dealing with idiots like me. If you are semi computer literate, as I became, you can search on identical problems to your own an attempt to fix them without help. Only recommended if you know what you are doing.

When I decided to completely rebuild by old Millenium Edition PC (for the upteenth time) I took their advice to do it "properly" and had it fully protected for nothing and passing every mainstream virus/firewall test under the sun. I had no problems whatsoever with it after that until the hard drive just decided to give up on me. Got the PC in 1997 finally dumped it this year. Not bad going at all.

http://forums.techguy.org/54-malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/

And to a lesser extent this place can sometimes help

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Back