• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations Tilly...

Shrimpbizkit

Coach
On your 100th game in charge of the Blues.
smile.gif

Its Friday afternoon. Someone must be bored enough to work out how many of those 100 (or 99) we have won, lost and drawn.

My bet is MrB.

Well done tilly. Not bad eh. 2 LDV finals and promotion.

Poor old Buzz. Bugger all and relegation.
Poor old Wignall and Little and Alvin....all the while as they buffooned and bluffed their way as the tinkered with our beloved club... our Tilly was watching from the sidelines with a knowing smile.

Shame that the farce of the Southampton game took away the chance of Tilly's 100th game being v the carrot crunching scum!

Steve Tilson's managerial career

Won 43 Lost 28 Drawn 29

Thanks Soccerbase.com!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Aug. 26 2005,14:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Aug. 26 2005,14:31)]Steve Tilson's managerial career

Won 43  Lost 28  Drawn 29

Thanks Soccerbase.com!
43 + 28 + 29 = 100!!

So was the 100th game on Monday, or is it tonight?

rock.gif
Guess tonight is 101

I thought it was W 44 D 27 L 28 (now 29)

BTW we have only won 4 games since the LDV final last year.  Anyone starting to worry?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trust Treasurer Bloke @ Aug. 26 2005,23:08)]Anyone starting to worry?
Not yet... although I am concerned that we haven't had any signs of transfer activity what with our squad problems and transfer deadline day looming close by.

Maybe Tilly is betting on loanees (which obviously is not affected by the window).

rock.gif

If Tilly is betting then I think he has already lost. In previous years we have bemoaned goal shy strikers. This year I would like a few strikers to moan about. Sorry to say, and I have been a great admirer of Tilly, but if he does not pull his finger out of his jacksy and quick then the seal is set for this season. It does not bode well. Two transfers so far. Someone is taking the proverbial Michael!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Aug. 27 2005,10:01)]If Tilly is betting then I think he has already lost. In previous years we have bemoaned goal shy strikers. This year I would like a few strikers to moan about. Sorry to say, and I have been a great admirer of Tilly, but if he does not pull his finger out of his jacksy and quick then the  seal is set for this season. It does not bode well. Two transfers so far. Someone is taking the proverbial Michael!
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif
I've been a great admirer of Tilly, but I think that if this recent lack of wins continues some serious questions must start being asked.

FFS. I'm getting really peed off with all this negativity. Statistically Tilly is second only to Webby in terms of wins, he's saved us from the ignominy of the Conference, got us promoted in his first full season and now two weeks after our first ever win at Bradford some fans "may be asking some serious questions".......................
Bloody Nora.
mad.gif

Yes. Let's all have a big love-in and hope that fate kicks in and brings us a win despite one suspended goalscorer and another crocked ...

WS

come off it Mike. You're usually the most realistic one on this site. We have no money, he's been trying to get a striker for months with no joy. The man is not a miracle worker (in spite of the results showing the contrary). I just don't know what some of our fans expect. We've all agreed I thought it's going to be a long hard season. Personally so far it's exceeded my expectations.

I think we all knew this season will be tough. I have total faith in Tilly and if we finish in 20th it'll be another good season and something to build on for 06/07.

It IS going to be a long season. I don't like being negative but we are too short on attacking cover and if we don't sort it out we are going to be in serious trouble.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Aug. 27 2005,12:46)]I think we all knew this season will be tough. I have total faith in Tilly and if we finish in 20th it'll be another good season and something to build on for 06/07.
Have to agree MK, last night as I wrote earlier the difference between teams was creating goal chances, though we are light on forwards, I think I midfileder that can hold a ball and pass to an on running striker is what we need.

Though we have enough midfielders to field a full XI, Ifeel we have a Mike Marsh or Paul Clark that can change a game through vision OR making a telling pass.

Last night Scunnie had a young lad Keogh who worked well on the wing or in centre midfiled, but the thing that impressed me was the way he held the ball so other team mates could go forward and open up spaces for him either to slip in or pass a good through ball.

Just above the drop outs for this league will be a good season, and also one Tilly/Brush will learn from

Isn't this the same as last season though?

We started off playing alright but just not poking it in, and then a Mr. Eastwood came along and helped us along in the scoring department.

OK so I'd hate to be rose-tinted and all and I see that without scoring goals we are only going one way out of this division, but what else can we do apart from have faith?
wow.gif

Back