• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I said "a total of only 6 loanees made during a season", so that should clear up your first comment.

As for a "season long loan", I don't have a problem with it as long as they are here with the possibility of becoming a permanent player or they are a level above our current squad players. I don't see any difference between getting a player on a season long loan and getting a player on a one year contract. Both will be here a season and with both there is a strong chance the player could leave in the summer for nothing if he does well.

Indeed, all this talk of short term fixes at our level ignores the fact most signings are for 1-2 years max anyway, whats it matter if its a loan or a contract.

For teams on a tight budget it makes more sense to take a chance on a player you can send back.

There should be a limit though, I know there are already some limitiations, but you shouldnt be able to do a Watford

Eh? Are no other options available? Surely not.

What about attempting to get the system changed for instance?

There have been changes that have brought us to the current position so I feel quite confident that it would be possible to see changes that would improve the current system.

Hash tag: Nowthere'sanidea

The current system is perfectly fine.

Not sure what point these loans make as none of them got us promotion. Four very good players that performed well for us but ultimately not enough to make a difference.

Regardless of whether we got promoted or not Federici and Assombalonga enhanced the matchday experience for us. If I look back over the 25 years I've been going to Roots Hall there's a hell of a lot of loan players and a hell of a lot of 'our' players and at this point does it matter which was which. They've all moved on.

Regardless of whether we got promoted or not Federici and Assombalonga enhanced the matchday experience for us. If I look back over the 25 years I've been going to Roots Hall there's a hell of a lot of loan players and a hell of a lot of 'our' players and at this point does it matter which was which. They've all moved on.

Our club's also moved on - backwards.

Back