• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
I understand that the players didn't look interested tonight but in general for the past few games, especially at home some players seem to be made scapegoats with constant barracking (Just to note that the people behind me seem to have vendetta's for Timlin, Morris, Gilbert and Dickinson - all of whom can do no right). An example is Liam Dickinson on which someone behind me commented that, and I quote; "He's a donkey, I don't know how he's a professional footballer" coupled by shouts of Donkey at various segments of the game. Now, for a start, he's our top scorer and secondly, how is this type of barracking going to help the team dig themselves out of the hole they're/we're currently in?

I know people are going to be annoyed at players but when those same players then do actually make a good pass or move, they receive little to no recognition as if it never happened. You can't have it both ways. Keep your moaning to after the game or on here as it's only going to affect the players. People wonder why the likes of Hooper, Harrold and Revell are doing better elsewhere.

We need to get behind the team and give them the encouragement they need to get out of this rut, not the opposite. They need us.

How about barrack the manager then?
His selection, his tactics, HIS FAULT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends on your viewpoint and if you think it was down to him or not. Saying that, it's what radio talkshows are for and phone-ins.

10000% agree with this some idiot at the back of family stand was on dickos back all night and he does it to others do how does this help?

The barracking of players may be futile...but the fans pay to see them perform...it is up to them to show the fans they are better not the other way around. It has always been a part of football.

'Constant barracking of players has to stop'

& the constant **** taking of fans by un-interested players has to stop too

In any line of work your going to take stick if you don't perform. Whilst I can't condone personal abuse having sat through three terrible home games out of the last four I think the players can't moan too much about taking flack.

That depends on your viewpoint and if you think it was down to him or not. Saying that, it's what radio talkshows are for and phone-ins.

How is it not down to him?

The "Sturrock can do no wrong" brigade always troll out the "he had 5 players, 4 of whom resigned on his first day & then he set about assembling a squad who could perform" - this is now totally HIS squad, if they don't listen to what he tells them on the training field & during games, then who's fault is that ? Paul 'Cluniemore' Sturrock...

It's a poor manager who drops a guy who scored last week and replaces him with someone who has been woeful all season.

Our left hand side is so weak when Timlin plays out there why can luggy not see this. Neither grant nor jpk can play a forward pass yet he persists with them for over an hour.

No wonder the ground was so empty. Fans pay their money to be entertained.

How is it not down to him?

The "Sturrock can do no wrong" brigade always troll out the "he had 5 players, 4 of whom resigned on his first day & then he set about assembling a squad who could perform" - this is now totally HIS squad, if they don't listen to what he tells them on the training field & during games, then who's fault is that ? Paul 'Cluniemore' Sturrock...

Personally, I think that the only thing Sturrock got wrong today was the idea of playing Kalala, Grant and Timlin all at once.

Fed up of this. The only thing stopping me from going ****ing mad is that everyone is there supposedly supporting the team, the same as me.

It's a ****ing joke.

You barrack and gear Paynter/Harold etc out of the club who didn't do much, but then you do it to our top scorer aswell?

Are you actually ****ing serious?

Cheering when he goes off??? WHAT?

I am actually hearing abuse when he looks like he will lose the ball but then plays it, people still abuse.

I really cannot believe this ****ing disease that some of you have got. I am so ****ed off about it.

I appreciate that if the players aren't performing then BOO (if you really ****ing have to at half time and after the game) but we are 3rd in the league.

You are a disgrace.

Waiting for any moment at all to criticise and shout abuse at a player? You aren't ****ing fans of this club, you can't be.

You should be ashamed of yourself if you are one of those 'fans'

I honestly do not understand what some of you think. Just do one. You are a joke

:nope:

Fed up of this. The only thing stopping me from going ****ing mad is that everyone is there supposedly supporting the team, the same as me.

It's a ****ing joke.

You barrack and gear Paynter/Harold etc out of the club who didn't do much, but then you do it to our top scorer aswell?

I am actually hearing abuse when he looks like he will lose the ball but then plays it, people still abuse.

I really cannot believe this ****ing disease that some of you have got. I am so ****ed off about it.

I appreciate that if the players aren't performing then BOO (if you really ****ing have to at half time and after the game) but we are 3rd in the league.

You are a disgrace.

Waiting for any moment at all to criticise and shout abuse at a player? You aren't ****ing fans of this club, you can't be.

I honestly do not understand what some of you think. Just do one. You are a joke

Agree. Dickinson works his socks off week in week out and I cannot understand how anyone can say otherwise. Booing him ins't going to spur him on is it?

It's a ****ing joke.

You are a disgrace.

Huzzah!!!

Last night, Family stand. Everytime Gilbert was near the ball, he got harranged. Every time Dickinson got near the ball he was harranged. I remember chatting to Tilson many years ago when he was playing (season we went up from the old Div 3), and he said it was harder to play here because the fans were constantly on your backs. Nothing has changed.

Anyone go to Shrews or Plymouth? Notice how the respective managers mentioned how the crowd had been their 12th (or 11th at Shrews) man, and how they made a difference. We wonder why we are better on the road, the answer is simple. The players don't have the pressure of playing in front of an overly critical home support. Some need to remember that we are a League Two with League Two players, and we are not going to see Ryan Giggsesque trickery on the wing, or defending a la John Terry or midfield play from Steven Gerrard. The thing is, if this constant barracking continues, we will be watching League Two players in League Two again. Yes, last night was dreadful, awful and the players didn't look interested, I just wonder if it was the prospect of another 90 minutes of verbal tanking from home "supporters" that makes them do that.

constant abuse of players ain't gonna work, especially if it continues when they do something right. way to go to make players wanna do well for us or even wanna be at southend.

Booing your own players is one of many characteristics of the "football fan" that contributes to the wide impression that they aren't very bright. That, of course, and calling every other lower league footballing town a "****hole". Depressing to be associated with, almost as much as the form the team are in at the moment.

Huzzah!!!

Last night, Family stand. Everytime Gilbert was near the ball, he got harranged. Every time Dickinson got near the ball he was harranged. I remember chatting to Tilson many years ago when he was playing (season we went up from the old Div 3), and he said it was harder to play here because the fans were constantly on your backs. Nothing has changed.

Anyone go to Shrews or Plymouth? Notice how the respective managers mentioned how the crowd had been their 12th (or 11th at Shrews) man, and how they made a difference. We wonder why we are better on the road, the answer is simple. The players don't have the pressure of playing in front of an overly critical home support. Some need to remember that we are a League Two with League Two players, and we are not going to see Ryan Giggsesque trickery on the wing, or defending a la John Terry or midfield play from Steven Gerrard. The thing is, if this constant barracking continues, we will be watching League Two players in League Two again. Yes, last night was dreadful, awful and the players didn't look interested, I just wonder if it was the prospect of another 90 minutes of verbal tanking from home "supporters" that makes them do that.

Agree totally.

Its getting to the stage where I am getting so fed up with the boo boys (and poor performances at home), that I may stay away just like my son did last night (we are both seaso's).

Never thought that I would say this, but losing under Tilson was better than losing under Sturrock, at least Tilson teams tried to play football.

After Sturrocks interview last Saturday, I reckon this group of players are now too frightened to try and play football, thats why they didn't pass to midfield last night and constantly passed back to Morris, even Mohsni kicked the ball so high at times it was a wonder that it didn't have snow on it when it came down!

After listening to his interview last night when he said that players are 'subconciously' not doing what they are told, I really do think he is losing the plot, as well as the confidence of the players (or is it the coach?).

The reason Gilbert got abuse was every time him 'passed' the ball up field it went to one of the other teams players! how can you be happy with that? With Dickinson, not surprised he got 'cheered' off, he was poor and didn't seem up for it, no chasing down of the ball and more poor passing! wouldn't be so bad if there was some passion in the team, but yet again there was none apart from Mohsni and Timlin.

This winds me up to, am a season ticket holder in the East Yellow and the same section keep slagging off Dickinson, last night even before the game has started there shouting abuse at him, which is just not needed!! Fair Enough he didnt have a good game either last night or against swindon but he's getting goals which as a striker is all that counts!

Never ever understand slagging off your own players whether they are good or not. It won't change a thing will it? Certainly not the player's confidence!

The problem I think is some of those that come to RH are really Premiershi*e fans who'll never get to go to a game for 'their real' team so come along to the local footie (there's obviously nothing wrong with that) BUT they feel it a right to shout at home players just as I witness so called fans of Premiershi*e teams shout at the TV in pubs at their "own" players when a pass is misplaced. Next time you are in a pub and Sky are showing a PL game just watch them and see what I mean. Of course shouting at a TV doesn't hurt anyone except showing you up but at a "real" game it's a bit more soul destroying.

Back