• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Constantine Return?

Constantine Return? - Would you welcome it?

• Yes, he could get us goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he is a greedy b*stard

• Where is Petter Belsvik?

• Total voters

palexander

Life President
I would welcome Connie back - IF he showed the right attitude, he had a very good eye for goal at this level and he should have stayed with us to progress his career rather than jump ship...

I should add, answer the question on merit, rather than you hate him for leaving...!

It would be arguable that he has the right attitude, having stated he'd like to stay with us and then promptly leave in typical Rawle fashion, but at least WE didn't get slagged off.

I think his opinion was that he was taking a step up, when in reality moving to Posh was a step side-ways at best! was this his fault, his agent's fault... I don't know.

The other Leon, was the one taking the step up [How's he doing now? Is he in Hull's starting XI?]

Fat Judas made the mistake with Connie of thinking that he had a real gem (on a free), but his recent sentiments will bear testimony to the fact that Connie may not fit in with the Posh setup... I wouldn't be too surprised to see him playing at a lower league level soon, as he just isn't cutting the mustard in L1. Maybe our style of play suits him better and hence the 25 goals last year!.

Would I have him back? If I was Tilson, I would be tempted... but remember, we've made a lot of changes since he left in May! so I would have to consider whether our style of play would still suit him... I'm about 60/40 on favour, but I don't think it will happen!.

As far as I've kept track, Cort has played in most of Hull's games since being sub at the start of the season. He has also scored at least once...

I dont mind Corty as he took a step forward and nobody could begrudge him playing for a club like Hull after good service with us. I hope they go up again (the further away they are from playing us again the better! What a sh*t hole...)

Im not sure about that idea, i am of the opinion that he could prove to be a one season wonder.  I feel he would score goals again, but nowhere near the level of last season.  He was/is a big time confidence player, look how many he got from long range, you need confidence to even shoot from there.  Im just not sure if he would get the same confidence, once he got a few goals last year, the confidence took him through, and fair play he did a great job. Would he do it again? jurys out on that one

Quite simply no. He never get anywhere near his 25 goals last season in my opinion. I'd be quite surprised if he even managed 15 in a season. His decision to leave the club is proving to be a huge mistake, much like David Lee and Mark Rawle. I hope he is regretting joining judas. I never actually rated the player myself but for one reason or another he always seemed to score.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 07 2004,23:56)]I never actually rated the player myself but for one reason or another he always seemed to score.
Possibly for the reasons I stated earlier...
wink.gif

I agree with shrimper2thecore. I think I've still got the video that the Posh website released showing his goals and most of them were spectacular long range strikes.

I thought Constantine at Southend was the right combo at the right time. Is he a good player? I don't think so, players make themselves over their career. The fans would never take to him and his confidence would struggle with this.

Good memories but I can't see any way back for him.

Back