• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Contracts - Team for next season

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
Out of interest, who is out of contract in June and how long are other players contracted for?

Curious as to who will be left for next season.

I think most of the players coming up for a new contract in June would rightfully tell us to do one given how much they've been messed about this season.

all i know is that take out the loan players and all we have is 15 players whether players are out of contract or not things are not looking good, take away a couple we will end up selling or loose for nowt their is alot of rebuilding to do for next season and who knows what league we will be in by then.

Off the top of my head, the players who remain under contract are:

Mildenhall
Francis
Barrett
Laurent
Macca
Grant
JFC
Moussa (I think)
Paterson
Laurent
O'Keefe
Spencer (potentially)

There are probably several others I've forgotten.

From the thread made a couple of weeks ago for our current players.....

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008)
Joyce 2010 (1yr deal 2009)

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008)
Sankofa 2010 (2yr deal 2008)

Herd 2010 (2yr deal 2008)

Barrett 2012 (4.5 year deal 2008)

McCormack 2011 (3yr deal 2008)
Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2008)
Grant 2010 (2yr deal, 2008) 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal 2008)

Freedman 2010 (2yr deal 2008)
Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)

depressingly the only one on that list I feel like I'd really really miss is Barnard and we've already sold him!

Next season....we are in it

The performance yesterday was dire......against a very poor team, we showed little commitment, the passing was poor, positioning terrible, no one can cross a ball, the team set up wrong from the start and interestingly the attendance was not announced!

Mildy is said to be very unhappy, Macca is clearly on borrowed time (unfairly I think) and the team and squad is full of loanees.

So next season we may lose Mildy, Macca probably the only two we could hope to get money for, Joyce is trialing in the USA. Moussa played he best I have seen for some time yesterday but has generally been poor this season so he won't be sold for big dosh!

Of the team yesterday without loanees or short term contract players what are we left with? Very little and few of quality.

Before or at the end of the season we will lose : Malone, Baldwin,Watt, M'Voto and probably Spencer if we don't sign him up soon. A few impressive displays will alert other clubs.

If we stay up, after yesterday's performance I now have some doubts as my forecast was a win, next season will be far worse than this and we will be nailed on for the drop! Whichever league we are in next season we will struggle!

I don't have the answers but player motivation is paramount so not being paid, not playing players that show some commitment to the club (I mean the likes of Herd and what I have seen of Spencer) does not help matters.

We are in the dodo....

The performance yesterday was dire......against a very poor team, we showed little commitment, the passing was poor, positioning terrible, no one can cross a ball, the team set up wrong from the start and interestingly the attendance was not announced!

Mildy is said to be very unhappy, Macca is clearly on borrowed time (unfairly I think) and the team and squad is full of loanees.

So next season we may lose Mildy, Macca probably the only two we could hope to get money for, Joyce is trialing in the USA. Moussa played he best I have seen for some time yesterday but has generally been poor this season so he won't be sold for big dosh!

Of the team yesterday without loanees or short term contract players what are we left with? Very little and few of quality.

Before or at the end of the season we will lose : Malone, Baldwin,Watt, M'Voto and probably Spencer if we don't sign him up soon. A few impressive displays will alert other clubs.

If we stay up, after yesterday's performance I now have some doubts as my forecast was a win, next season will be far worse than this and we will be nailed on for the drop! Whichever league we are in next season we will struggle!

I don't have the answers but player motivation is paramount so not being paid, not playing players that show some commitment to the club (I mean the likes of Herd and what I have seen of Spencer) does not help matters.

We are in the dodo....

We have an option on another year with Spencer.

Back