• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corby by-election result

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20345196

I'm reminded of an old Roger Miller song from the 60's: "England swings like a pendulum do." It would appear that the pendulum is starting to swing all right.Corby is very much a bell-wether seat.

Swing right would that be?

From what I've seen and heard, more far right parties than ever before look as if they might be gaining ground.

Swing right would that be?

From what I've seen and heard, more far right parties than ever before look as if they might be gaining ground.

UKIP saved their deposit(by just 108 votes) which is certainly more than the LibDems did.
Overall, there was a 12.67% swing away from the Tories towards Labour in Corby,which would give Prime Minister Miliband a 100+ seat majority,if repeated nationwide at the 2015 election.

Last edited:
UKIP saved their deposit(by just 108 votes) which is certainly more than the LibDems did.
Overall, there was a 12.67% swing away from the Tories towards Labour in Corby,which would give Prime Minister Miliband a 100+ seat majority,if repeated nationwide at the 2015 election.

Miliband will never be prime minister. Sorry.

By elections mean sod all.

You're on.

You might want to clarify which Milliband!?

The currently elected party leader with neither personality nor ideas or the brother who should have been elected by his party? If the non-elected brother gets the party leadership he deserved, it'll be a closer race.

You might want to clarify which Milliband!?

The currently elected party leader with neither personality nor ideas or the brother who should have been elected by his party? If the non-elected brother gets the party leadership he deserved, it'll be a closer race.

Agree. 100%

I mean of course Ed!

Can't abide either of the Milibands, both as bad as each other but at least David does have a smidgeon of personality to show for himself.

We really would be up **** street if Ed Milliband ever became Prime Minister, would rather have Boris (can't believe I just said that).

We really would be up **** street if Ed Milliband ever became Prime Minister, would rather have Boris (can't believe I just said that).

Haha! Will quote your post then before you change your mind and delete or edit it!!! :hilarious:

Back