• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime the US still hasn't removed the UK from a list of countries to avoid.
Nope, I have a honeymoon booked to Orlando August 19th, obviously we have to wait beforehand for USA to go on the green list, we cannot quarantine either side. Once it is green (if it does turn green that is) We still have to wait for Biden to let us in too!

Not hopeful, but our final payment is due 8th july.

Nope, I have a honeymoon booked to Orlando August 19th, obviously we have to wait beforehand for USA to go on the green list, we cannot quarantine either side. Once it is green (if it does turn green that is) We still have to wait for Biden to let us in too!

Not hopeful, but our final payment is due 8th july.

I read an article in a newspaper a few days ago where they were saying the US is only on the amber list because we're not allowed there. They think that once the US allows us in things will change.

However, I have a wedding in San Francisco on the 1st August...I can isolate when I get home, so that's not an issue. My issue is being allowed in...

Hope you get to make it!

For our honeymoon, our checklist is just green light, testing at airport (as we won't have two doses by then as only 30, and of course Biden letting us in without quarantine.

Don't forget that the traffic light system is only for coming back, you need the US to be given FCO advice that essential travel is allowed otherwise you won't be covered on any travel insurance.

We're off to Greece (mainland) in July, but as it stands at the moment wouldn't go because FCO advises against non-essential travel.

I read an article in a newspaper a few days ago where they were saying the US is only on the amber list because we're not allowed there. They think that once the US allows us in things will change.

However, I have a wedding in San Francisco on the 1st August...I can isolate when I get home, so that's not an issue. My issue is being allowed in...

I don't think that is true - Australia is on Green list, but we're not allowed there

I don't think that is true - Australia is on Green list, but we're not allowed there

Interesting, but the issue with the US was that we were on their banned list when Covid was rife here. The article was saying that that hasn't been updated (either by design or by oversight) and for that reason the UK put the US on the amber list...who really knows...I just hope it's sorted out in the next 2 months...

Interesting, but the issue with the US was that we were on their banned list when Covid was rife here. The article was saying that that hasn't been updated (either by design or by oversight) and for that reason the UK put the US on the amber list...who really knows...I just hope it's sorted out in the next 2 months...

I suspect it might be more trade deal related - the US are in no rush to negotiate a trade deal post Brexit, and indeed are quite concerned with the N Ireland situation.

Just a word on how things are going here in Thailand with Covid.

We had our first lockdown in March last year and then began relaxing things in May after very few new cases for a number of weeks. Despite being so close to China, weirdly we didn't get hit too bad in 2020. So from July until just before Christmas things went back to normal. We had another lockdown in January after that 2nd outbreak which was relaxed again after a month but then we've started a 3rd wave at the beginning of April and now the horse has well and truly bolted the gate and we're into another lockdown scenario. Up until Christmas, deaths had stayed at 58 total for over 6 months but we're now at about the same level as UK for daily cases/deaths, except UK have now vaxxed just over half the population.

Their approach here to procuring vaccines has been far too laid back so they're well and truly behind the 8 ball as other countries are now coming out of lockdowns. The plan here is to mass produce AstraZ locally but that won't be available to the masses until well into June, all they have for the time being is a few million doses of the Chinese Sinovac, which hasn't been given full approval from the WHO yet due to mixed results in South America.

I think they've only double dosed about 1.5% of the 70 million population so far. Private Hospitals are planning to import Moderna, J&J etc and offer if for about 70 quid for 2 shots, but the government have got them mired in red tape that could hold them back until October. We just got word today they've found the Indian variant here as well.

I may be able to get in for shots of Sinovac in the very near future through work, or try to hold out for PFizer/AstraZ/Moderna, which may not be available this side of September.

I am praying that everywhere will open up and that this rotten virus will subside as I too have a trip of a lifetime booked for next year.

Unfortunately, as we have gone down in the age groups for the vaccinations the uptake has slowed down quite a bit with a few non-shows in the clinic and some people actually informing that "they don't have the time to attend" or "cant get time off work"

I am praying that everywhere will open up and that this rotten virus will subside as I too have a trip of a lifetime booked for next year.

Unfortunately, as we have gone down in the age groups for the vaccinations the uptake has slowed down quite a bit with a few non-shows in the clinic and some people actually informing that "they don't have the time to attend" or "cant get time off work"
Not trying to troll at all, but is that a huge issue given the biggest number of hospitalisations are of the people who were vaccinated first, where the uptake as I understand was very high?

Obviously you wan the uptake to be high across society, but you'd rather it be high with the vulnerable group than the 30-40 year olds etc?

We are steaming ahead with the second Vaccinations and know from the research that you do need both the vaccinations for maximum protection.
I have to say that we have come across people who have contacted COVID after having their second dose but, the severity of the virus on the person as not been so severe and has not required admission into hospital. Obviously, i can only speak from the area I work in locally.

I think it would be great if the uptake was also high from the younger groups and i know the government are in the process of doing some more PR to push this

Without trying to be political or a 'troll' I must add that as someone turning 20 this summer, not much has been done to alleviate vaccine hesitancy other than witch-hunting anyone who isn't 100% on getting their jab when they get the call.

I do think that this has had a negative impact in my age group, so will be interesting to see what the take-up is like. I do predict that it will be much lower and if I admit (please don't crucify me) I am still very uncertain myself.

Without trying to be political or a 'troll' I must add that as someone turning 20 this summer, not much has been done to alleviate vaccine hesitancy other than witch-hunting anyone who isn't 100% on getting their jab when they get the call.

I do think that this has had a negative impact in my age group, so will be interesting to see what the take-up is like. I do predict that it will be much lower and if I admit (please don't crucify me) I am still very uncertain myself.
It is more common than you think actually and we are getting lots of enquiries from younger people which in my view is fine as, if people have genuine questions and concerns then you should always listen and address those questions and then give an honest answer so that people can then make an informed choice.

It is more common than you think actually and we are getting lots of enquiries from younger people which in my view is fine as, if people have genuine questions and concerns then you should always listen and address those questions and then give an honest answer so that people can then make an informed choice.
I certainly have genuine concerns and I am keen to await some more data from some currently ongoing studies before I choose to heed any call. Not sure if I'd go as things stand but with further data I might be convinced.

A very honest response.

I must admit at 20 years old I don't think I would have had any interest in getting a vaccince for this.

We are already at or approaching herd immunity as a nation so a lower uptake in the younger age group shouldn't really be an issue.

Perhaps it will be something that ends up being recommended once you reach a certain age (40 perhaps?) or hopefully we can get rid completely before you get there!

A very honest response.

I must admit at 20 years old I don't think I would have had any interest in getting a vaccince for this.

We are already at or approaching herd immunity as a nation so a lower uptake in the younger age group shouldn't really be an issue.

Perhaps it will be something that ends up being recommended once you reach a certain age (40 perhaps?) or hopefully we can get rid completely before you get there!
I reckon that this will become a seasonal jab (possibly combined with flu) and given to people from a particular age like you say.

I'm currently physically active, healthy weight and eating well and of course have the advantage of age being in my favour for this disease.

From a personal perspective speaking as part of the youngest group of 'adults' (again trying not to drag politics into this) if you could guarantee absolute freedom from vaccinating the population (no tracking, apps, etc.) then that would be the greatest way to encourage take-up.

People my age are not particularly happy with the NHS app and government restrictions and the sooner you can promise these things will go, the sooner they will line up for a jab (goes without saying considering young people are often more rebellious)

Same as in Orlando. I find it incredible that many countries have different rules?. Like over here, we are all on the same island, yet England, Wales & Scotland rules are differ??

Last weekend we were promised by the Spanish Govt.Health Spokesman Fenando Simón (Simple Simon as I call him) that mask wearing rules in public would be relaxed "soon".Not a dickey bird from him since. :Dunce:

Hopefully The EU's announcement yesterday of a covid passport (for those who 've been fully vaccinated) allowing travel between all 27 EU countries,,available digitally or on paper from 01/07/2021,will give HMG some food for thought when they review the current traffic light system for international travel in a few week's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back