• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen it's another lovely sunny day. That's all we need. I expect the seafront will be packed again today!

Seafront needs to be shut down. Shops, arcades, the pier, the beach. Can’t quite get over how irresponsible people are being. Yes go out but keep a safe distance.. why’s that so impossible to understand? Of course it’s Mother’s Day also, so you’ll have families gathering as is “their right” etc etc. Watch those same people complain when the NHS collapses and their own relatives get seriously ill or even die because they couldn’t stay at home for 3/4 weeks.

I drove along the front last night about 8pm and only One arcade was open (barely any people about) and a couple of take outs along the front by the Kursaal. It was a bit like driving along at 3am...

Let's hope that works better than their early opening plan for the elderly and vulnerable.....

Yeah I hear it isn't being adhered to. In my line of work, I tend to do the food shop once a every 8/9 days around 2/3pm but I'm gunna guess by that time the shelves will be rather empty!

Yeah I hear it isn't being adhered to. In my line of work, I tend to do the food shop once a every 8/9 days around 2/3pm but I'm gunna guess by that time the shelves will be rather empty!

Surely now everyone that decided to stockpile has done so, they can all start to get through their hoard, leaving everyone that can't do that to finally get their normal shop done!

Surely now everyone that decided to stockpile has done so, they can all start to get through their hoard, leaving everyone that can't do that to finally get their normal shop done!
Massive queues for the NHS and Tesco staff hour at all Tesco stores.
If we go to full lockdown then it will be even worse than it has been

2 persons on ventilators at Southend Hosp, my hopes and thoughts are that they recover.

When out walking the dog just now I had a thought that next walk I will carry a walking poll and use it to enforce reasonable distancing as the mobile phone zombies don't seem to be aware of space or times.

Last edited:
On the plus side my daughter and her partner appear to be over the worst of the virus and they intend to return to NHS front line on Tuesday when their isolation is up, all things being well. I guess it helps that they are both young (to us, anyway). Relief from Mrs RHB when whatsapping with her this morning tinged with worry that they are back into it. On an upbeat note, their neighbours in Smethick have gone over and beyond helping with food and supplies she also reckons they have had numerous notes through the door offering help at the end of a phone if wanted. As they have only lived in their road for 10 months they are pretty blown away by the offers. Me, I reckon the rest of her neighbours wanted to make sure they didn't break out and infect the rest of them.:Winking:

On the plus side my daughter and her partner appear to be over the worst of the virus and they intend to return to NHS front line on Tuesday when their isolation is up, all things being well. I guess it helps that they are both young (to us, anyway). Relief from Mrs RHB when whatsapping with her this morning tinged with worry that they are back into it. On an upbeat note, their neighbours in Smethick have gone over and beyond helping with food and supplies she also reckons they have had numerous notes through the door offering help at the end of a phone if wanted. As they have only lived in their road for 10 months they are pretty blown away by the offers. Me, I reckon the rest of her neighbours wanted to make sure they didn't break out and infect the rest of them.:Winking:
Were they tested? If not how do they know they had covid?

Its good to hear about the recovery of your your daughter and her partner. WE HEAR TO LITTLE about the people who recover, This should a topic on its own to give us some hope.

Yeah that's what I mean. The student nurses pay to be trained at the moment. Will cost my daughter £60,000 to become a nurse. She will never ever pay all that back mind you.
But at least the bursaries are coming back from this September.
That was a scandalous decision.
Most people don’t realise that student nurses are actually working and contributing within weeks of starts their course. To have them pay for the privilege of working is wrong on so many levels .
Well done to your daughter

You would like to think so wouldn’t you?
Several of my colleagues (who have worked all week and done extra hours) tried to get to Tesco this morning to shop in the allocated time for NHS staff.
Most if not all of them gave up as they couldn’t even park and in fact it seems that the shops are even more fuller and the roads even heavier.
Oh dear, this is not looking good

• Sad
Reactions: RHB
What I wanna know is when are these ****ing idiots going to start eating the stuff they’ve bought and stop buying more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto above - I too will be returning to work tomorrow and also doing extra hours where needed or covering where needed.
Likewise I have been i the NHS for just over 39 years and I know nothing else.
I just get so angry when people do not heed the warnings as it is my colleagues and I that then have to look after some of these people.

Thank you for what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back