• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people are just plain ****ing stupid. ??

Nick Josh

1 hr ·

C2C have completely FAILED this morning with helping implement government guidelines of social distancing, now only running a delayed Sunday service to save £££,calling at all stations,with many less carriages ..The train is now absolutely packed with people standing 2 inches apart . Shame on you C2C - packing in key workers like cattle in the middle of current crisis events.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

Greece in almost total lockdown from 06:00 hrs. You need a permit to go out and they are checking.

Have noticed than some countries, Italy, Spain Iraq and others have a far higher percentage death rate than many countries. Are some genes more susceptible than others ?

There are likely a number of factors at play here.

Different points in the outbreak - we’re 2 weeks behind Italy. You don’t die immediately upon diagnosis so those dying yesterday in the UK were probably diagnosed a fortnight ago when far smaller numbers were being diagnosed a day. Also when the health system is overloaded - like in Italy, Iran - you get a spike in deaths as patients who would have been treated a week ago are unable to receive medical care which would save them.

Testing - were not testing people staying at home, so we don’t have true figures for those infected. South Korea is doing a better job of testing so will have a lower death rate as they are capturing milder symptoms.

Different strains - a virus mutates. Some strains may be deadlier than others

Demographics - Italy apparently is an older population and therefore more susceptible.

Costa closing from tonight. Why not straight away I'm not sure, beyond belief that people think mooching in coffee shops is the right thing to do. When this hits, a lot of these people not heeding advice will either be infected or have unwittingly passed it on to relatives or friends.
Popped to the CoOp on the Broadway this morn, was empty but the young fella on the tills looked exhausted and drained. Govt will take extra steps this eve, surely.

You're totally right but govt will only take extra steps if they really have to (i.e. the public or other world leaders demand it). They want this over in 12 weeks (June) whatever the human cost (which even on optimistic predictions is catastrophic). They are quite happy for people to mix if it means we get through it quicker than the rest of Europe. I think it's a very callous strategy but no doubt others will disagree.

New Zealand going into an almost total lock down from Wednesday for 4 weeks and they have hardly any cases out there.
Whilst we cram people into trains still.

Just seen the figures New Zealand to date 120 cases and zero deaths.

New Zealand going into an almost total lock down from Wednesday for 4 weeks and they have hardly any cases out there.
Whilst we cram people into trains still.

Just seen the figures New Zealand to date 120 cases and zero deaths.

The logical answer to the train situation is yes reduce the services, but add as many carriages as possible.

Local chemist shut due to the pharmacist being ill, and the next door neighbour's heart meds run out tomorrow. Scary times for them.

Costa closing from tonight. Why not straight away I'm not sure, beyond belief that people think mooching in coffee shops is the right thing to do. When this hits, a lot of these people not heeding advice will either be infected or have unwittingly passed it on to relatives or friends.
Popped to the CoOp on the Broadway this morn, was empty but the young fella on the tills looked exhausted and drained. Govt will take extra steps this eve, surely.

The coffee shops round us have also been open, but no-one is mooching in them. They have all put away their chairs and tables to create space for a socially distanced takeaway queue. I consider that quite sensible actually. The fact they they're now closing is obviously better though.

Local chemist shut due to the pharmacist being ill, and the next door neighbour's heart meds run out tomorrow. Scary times for them.

Our neighbours are self isolating as they both have it. They've asked my wife to deliver a parcel to the post office for them. I'm not sure she should be doing that.

Our neighbours are self isolating as they both have it. They've asked my wife to deliver a parcel to the post office for them. I'm not sure she should be doing that.
Nope I wouldn't if I were you unless you can easily disinfect the parcel. Is it really that important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back