• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is year one and I'm reluctant to send her back, but the truth is the kids don't seem to catch it. She has Juvenile Arthritis so has a compromised immunity due to meds. But the advice from Great Ormond Street its fine for them to go back to school. Still doesn't sit well with me , but they need to get back to school ASAP for their own well being.

Absolutely, I’m lucky as my kids do work when I ask them. I know some parents where kids are outright refusing. Their education is suffering and their mental state can’t be the best. Especially in a household if it’s a single mum with an only child. As much as technology is great and being able to speak to anyone anytime and see there face. Nothing beats face to face contact.

Yeah, we had to drive from leigh through to Fossetts Farm so I took the sea front route, and believe it or not Southend seafront was pretty quiet. Part of the road at the Thorpe Bay end is closed for resurfacing so that has limited the traffic flow and the drop in temperature today probably also helped keep folk away. What was evident was the number of traffic wardens partroling down there, on foot and on three wheel scooters.

Has anyone noticed much of a change today?

A406 wasn't too bad but is getting steadily busier. The A13 was knackered from Becton right through to Tower Bridge by about 6am this morning. I reckon another week or so before the roads are back to normal, ie gash.

Traffic has certainly increased over the last week but in particular over the past couple of days.
As people are returning to “some normality” I have noticed an increase of calls and requests for extra home visits.
We are still having to wear all our PPE when visiting people and I am just hoping we don’t have this second wave coming

And I am completely going to hold my hands up and say I have taken advantage of some of the perks being given out to NHS staff at the moment.

A406 wasn't too bad but is getting steadily busier. The A13 was knackered from Becton right through to Tower Bridge by about 6am this morning. I reckon another week or so before the roads are back to normal, ie gash.

I don’t miss that road in the slightest! Every journey on the 406 lead to some kind of drama.

Despite sitting in front of a computer and doing everything she's been asked over the last two weeks, my sister has been told that they expect her in the office tomorrow. Absolutely nuts.

I've been told I can work from home indefinitely and I certainly will until the next peak (or the one after) has subsided.

yeah I’m thinking Monday. Tubes will be terrible with Khan rail running a shuttle service which increases the overcrowding but it’s okay because they’re telling us to wear a mask. That bloke needs to pull his finger out sharpish.

OH! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFULLY FRENCH!
Whilst the world tackles the Covid-19 virus the Académie française has struggled to come to a decision whether Covid is masculine or feminine..........'la Covid' or 'Le Covid'. In the end it's opted for La Covid.......no surprise, as we all know it was bound to be a woman's fault in the end! ????

Whilst the world tackles the Covid-19 virus the Académie française has struggled to come to a decision whether Covid is masculine or feminine..........'la Covid' or 'Le Covid'. In the end it's opted for La Covid.......no surprise, as we all know it was bound to be a woman's fault in the end! ????

Always found this difficult at school and although quite good when I was young could never really understand.
Someone has to decide if Male or female?
I asked a French colleague once and not sure if He really knew either! He explained that a truck and a car are not both Male!
Didn't help to be fair?

Bloody cheek Yogi!!!

Always found this difficult at school and although quite good when I was young could never really understand.
Someone has to decide if Male or female?
I asked a French colleague once and not sure if He really knew either! He explained that a truck and a car are not both Male!
Didn't help to be fair?
If it's any consolation, I've been here 30 years and it still completely floors me! It is difficult for those outside to understand the pride, importance and need to defend the correctness and purity of the french language. 'The Académie is France's official authority on the usages, vocabulary, and grammar of the French language.' For a simple explanation.......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acad%C3%A9mie_Fran%C3%A7aise

Just watched a report on ITV about BAME docs being upto 7 times more likely to get COVID and 50% think it's down to discrimination or fear of discrimination. An absolutely absurd story. Weve known for a while now this virus attacks BAME more so than white people and with a high %age of BAME working in the healthcare industry, it's not surprising that the figures will be higher. They also believed they were being singled out and sent to work in COVID areas moreso than their white colleagues. I can't believe this would ever be the case!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back