• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you got me, guilty as charged. I am Cathy Newman and you can claim your £5.00

Can't find any reference to the issue you refer to RE the Air Ambulance

Of course they are not going find a report about an argument between various emergency service personnel. But I know some of the firefighters involved so it definitley happened.

At the time the wild predictions from the so called experts about huge death rates meant doctors had to choose he gets treatment and who doesn't. Old people in particular were neglected if they ended up in hospital. As long as the word Covid was mentioned there were no questions asked.

Every life has a price whether thats the 3rd world or 1st world. even before covid you must be aware of post code medicine. Some get the right treatment some don't depending on where you live. Same with the police with different service depending on your post code.

Didn't you grizzle on here that people weren't very nice to you so you weren't going to post anymore.

Deaths per million in the UK 1800, or 1.8%
Deaths in Europe 1400 or 1.4%
Deaths in India 100 or 0.1 %.....May well go up of course.

Normal bad flu season 400 to 600 or 0.4 to 0.6

One of the pictures to scare you in the western MSM of people laying dead in the street turned out to be from a gas leak about a year ago.

I posted the other day about an article that compared reported covid deaths to cremations in India - based on that they thought the under reporting was upto 20x. Multiply your 0.1% by 20 and you get 2% - so on par with Europe etc - but presumably their medical facilities are not close to ours, and hence the system is overloaded and we get the tragic situation of people not able to get the medical care.

Incidentally I've also read that circa 25% of reported deaths in India have no cause of death. And around 10 to 20% of deaths are not reported at all. And that's during normal times - can imagine that might increase in the situation they currently appear to be in (or not depending on what you believe)

I posted the other day about an article that compared reported covid deaths to cremations in India - based on that they thought the under reporting was upto 20x. Multiply your 0.1% by 20 and you get 2% - so on par with Europe etc - but presumably their medical facilities are not close to ours, and hence the system is overloaded and we get the tragic situation of people not able to get the medical care.

Incidentally I've also read that circa 25% of reported deaths in India have no cause of death. And around 10 to 20% of deaths are not reported at all. And that's during normal times - can imagine that might increase in the situation they currently appear to be in (or not depending on what you believe)

Yes I have no doubt deaths are under reported in India. Likewise Covid deaths have been falsely inflated in GB, with many families fighting to have it removed from death certs.

My point was the MSM like to scare people with variant and next wave stories. Including as I said earlier pictures of a gas leak and claiming they are dying in the streets.

Yes I have no doubt deaths are under reported in India. Likewise Covid deaths have been falsely inflated in GB, with many families fighting to have it removed from death certs.

My point was the MSM like to scare people with variant and next wave stories. Including as I said earlier pictures of a gas leak and claiming they are dying in the streets.

I had to google what MSM meant.

So now you agree what everyone has been saying and you've been arguing against. Good.

Has the vaccine roll out sped up at bit now?

It's a lot slower than in the UK and not as good as France but I think it's getting there now.There was an item on the French news earlier which stated that all adults over 18 here could expect to be vaccinated by mid-June.That's impressive I think.Ironically I received a text mesage last Saturday from my local Health Centre in SC asking me to register my interest in having a first vaccination there.About a month after I'd had my first jab here in France! (Sometimes it's good to be able to play the two countries card). :Winking:

Last edited:
The virus seems to be getting into the bio secure bubbles of the ipl now. Today's ipl game has been called off due to infections to KKR players and it is being reported some CSK staff have tested positive too.

Yep just saw that. A shame as it was a bit of entertainment for Indians in lockdown but had to be done. I'm pretty sure they will move the t20 world Cup to UAE as well
I think you are right there regarding T20 world cup.Is a shame but Covid problems are massive in India at the moment

Out of interest what age bracket are you.
I work out of this hub and we seem to be getting through them quickly.

I would suggest you contact the surgery and say you have had your notification and they may then book you in at the Leigh Hub as we have had a few call our surgery and inform us of this
Booked in for opposite Highlands on 20th May. Hopefully I’ll get the Pfizer! Thanks for your help @Tinks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back