• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any side effects?

Apart from an aching upper arm the next day, nothing!. My other half also had that one, & next day was sneezing & felt a little rough until the afternoon.
You tend to hear various story's, my half sister had the same one, & felt rubbish for a couple of days after, as did several others i know of.
I'd like to think all the Salmon, Trout etc i eat weekly helped me!!!.

Apart from an aching upper arm the next day, nothing!. My other half also had that one, & next day was sneezing & felt a little rough until the afternoon.
You tend to hear various story's, my half sister had the same one, & felt rubbish for a couple of days after, as did several others i know of.
I'd like to think all the Salmon, Trout etc i eat weekly helped me!!!.
Haha no doubt it did! Yeah I’ve heard a few people have felt rough after the AZ, for a day or two max.

Haha no doubt it did! Yeah I’ve heard a few people have felt rough after the AZ, for a day or two max.

My eldest son ( 37 ) who lives in NY had his 2nd AZ one 2 weeks ago. Out there, they administer both in a 3 week period, as initially was suggested here.
He had no symptoms after his 1st one, but felt like rubbish the day after his 2nd one!.

My eldest son ( 37 ) who lives in NY had his 2nd AZ one 2 weeks ago. Out there, they administer both in a 3 week period, as initially was suggested here.
He had no symptoms after his 1st one, but felt like rubbish the day after his 2nd one!.

That is quite common even for people who've had their second pfizer jab apparently.The doctor who adminstered it to us last Wed. in France warned that 10% of people report feeling side effects.Really nothing to report for us afterwards.Although we both took dollipan as advised for a bit.

That is quite common even for people who've had their second pfizer jab apparently.The doctor who adminstered it to us last Wed. in France warned that 10% of people report feeling side effects.Really nothing to report for us afterwards.Although we both took dollipan as advised for a bit.

Weird when you think about it?. But there again, makes you wonder how you'd be feeling if you caught the virus outright?.

Weird when you think about it?. But there again, makes you wonder how you'd be feeling if you caught the virus outright?.

Potentially a lot worse I'd imagine.Really can't understand anti-vaxers (and I know a couple).Notice whatever the vaccine, doctors are keen to stress that the benefits outweigh the potential adverse side effects.Quite right IMO.

I read that Prince Philip has OLD AGE as the cause of death, and he died sitting in the sun with a rug on his knees and went to sleep.
I have put this in the covid thread as it is the opposite in so many ways from the 126,000 UK covid related deaths. Covid may not have been the fullest cause of death for some BUT sure as hell must have hastened it and made a sad situation hellish.
Finally I thought it refreshing to know that it is possible to get old, tired, knackered but keep most of mental sharpness and depart naturally.

N.B. I recognise privilege has an enormous factor in this, and I am a fence sitter regarding royalty.

Potentially a lot worse I'd imagine.Really can't understand anti-vaxers (and I know a couple).Notice whatever the vaccine, doctors are keen to stress that the benefits outweigh the potential adverse side effects.Quite right IMO.

What are the benefits?

What are the benefits?
- Significantly reduced risk of development of symptomatic COVID-19
- Significantly reduced risk of hospitalisation/death due to severe COVID-19
- Increasing population herd immunity, which reduces the risk of the disease speading/development of new variants.
- Significantly reduced onwards transmission of the virus
- Potentially avoiding long COVID

Last edited:
- Significantly reduce risk of hospitalisation/death due to severe COVID-19
- Increasing population herd immunity, which reduces the risk of the disease speading/development of new variants.

Significantly reduced sounds a bit vague to me. So its not actually a true Vaccine then because that would actually prevent you getting it and you wouldn't therefore pass it on?

I thought herd immunity can only come from enough people having had covid ?

I have read that less than 1% of current/ recent ICU patients with covid had been receiptiant of vaccination(s).
For me that shows value of jabs and also that the less than 100% immunity was accurate and clear.
Also other have got covid after jabs but to lesser severity.

A vastly less chance of catching the real thing. Rigsby, take it from someone who had to watch his daughter suffer with covid. Its real and its a killer.

I know plenty of people who have had Covid including my cousin who works at Southend Hospital. Her husband and one of her adult daughters also caught it but not as serious as her.

I have also said before I have another key worker relative aged 59 with ongoing health issues who was resuscitated in the ambulance in October 2019. They did not take my step brother seriously when he said she was dying of flu during his 3rd 999 call back then.

We were told it didn't start until 3 months later. People mocked my family when we said thats exactly what she had when the details were first made public. Since then there has been dozens of examples of 2019 Covid cases, including many who came back from holidays in far away places. As reported on here by other posters.

All that dosen't change the questions about a vaccine. If it works so well then how comes so many further wave plans are being put in place?

To make it football related. How can Ron or any chairman go spending money this summer when there is as of yet no guarantee that stadiums will be fully open next winter.

We still have some scientists and high profile police wanting to maintain the current restrictions for at least the next 12 months. Then Just days ago the government sign a £320m advertisement deal for Covid. last year was £120m, I'm sure we have all heard hands face space by now?

Yet other scientists (usually the ones we are told not to listen to) claim studies show that face masks have little effect. Me personally, if a surgeon come in to operate on me I would want him wearing a fresh out of the sterile packet mask. If it was one he had worn out to the pub and several shops over the last month then I would rather they wore nothing.

- Significantly reduced risk of hospitalisation/death due to severe COVID-19

Figures in England
Positive tests {not illness) approx 7,000/100,000. ie 7/100
Deaths with positive test 199/100,000. ie 0.2/100

Recovery 98%
Average age of death is over 82.

Considering the vaccines are untested I really can't understand what significant reductions you are talking about. The only people I can understand considering having the vaccine are the over 70's (my age bracket) and any who are at risk due to other illnesses. As for even thinking of giving it to children is beyond reason.
I did read yesterday that the eldest person to recover from the virus is a 117 year old nun in the south of France.

Significantly reduced sounds a bit vague to me. So its not actually a true Vaccine then because that would actually prevent you getting it and you wouldn't therefore pass it on?

I thought herd immunity can only come from enough people having had covid ?
"significantly" is a carefully chosen word due to the 'statistical significance' of the results shown in very large studies. Note that we're not just seeing this evidence in clinical studies, but also in the real world now (given the high uptake of vaccines in several countries which enables their real impact to be tracked).

I don't have all of the studies across all of the vaccines to hand, but you're looking at something like a 50% reduction in the risk of transmission, and an 80-95% reduction in the risk of hospitalisation and death. That's a massive effect.

Vaccines don't always work by stopping you from acquiring (and then passing on) the virus. In fact it's quite unusual because you need to get the virus in your body before your immune system fights it off. It's really good that we're now getting evidence that this one does help prevent you from becoming infected. It also reduces the symptoms of any infection which also helps reduce transmission (e.g. by coughing).

Herd immunity comes from people not being susceptible to infection, this can either be due to the immune response due to having had a previous/recent infection, or from the immune response due to the vaccine. It's likely that the vaccines provide a stronger and longer-lasting immune response compared to previous infection, but it's still too early to say conclusively (hence all the discussion about booster jabs).

Figures in England
I know, fantastic.

Recovery 98%
a 2% risk of death from getting a virus doesn't sound particularly good to me, if this is what you're saying?

There are numerous studies showing that it isn't just people on 'deaths door' who have died from COVID-19. Many people in their 60s, and 70s with plenty of years to live have died, as well as many younger than that. Just because you're aged 82 doesn't mean that your life isn't worth saving.

Considering the vaccines are untested
they've been extensively tested, see above.

I really can't understand what significant reductions you are talking about.
please clarify, I think my post was clear

The only people I can understand considering having the vaccine are the over 70's (my age bracket) and any who are at risk due to other illnesses. As for even thinking of giving it to children is beyond reason.
the vaccines need to show a very good benefit/risk profile to be approved in various age/risk groups. I don't see a great need to vaccinate children if we keep variants under control and have good vaccine uptake in adults, but I'm happy to be guided by the regulators about this.

I did read yesterday that the eldest person to recover from the virus is a 117 year old nun in the south of France.
fantastic.

Figures in England

Recovery 98%

Considering the vaccines are untested I really can't understand what significant reductions you are talking about. The only people I can understand considering having the vaccine are the over 70's (my age bracket) and any who are at risk due to other illnesses. As for even thinking of giving it to children is beyond reason.

Indeed, very bizarre.

According to some so called experts who don't have to say the right thing due to their employment with a big company or government. The only children who have died from covid have had a pre existing health problem. So why would you risk your own childs health or try and pressure other parents into vaccinating healthy children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back