• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort and Constantine

Isn't it ironic that the two Leon's left for better things........

Corty has not played in any friendlies since getting injured having never been injured with us.

Connie has not scored a single goal in the friendlies he has played in.

Wonderful thing IRONY!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 18 2004,09:22)]How many friendlies has Connie played so far for Posh?
At least two I think!

He has had problems linking up with their other new frontman.

Exactly, then I would love to see all the posters who went ballastic went he left to come back on here and eat some humble pie. I have never rated the man. However I was appreciative for his goals last year, as without them we would definitely be playing Canvey this season in the league.

Isn't that one of the points of pre-season friendlies though? To build up match fitness and understandings, to get the team together, to iron out any problems and mould them as a unit before the season kicks off? The results of these games are completely irrelevant, ergo Connie's goal tally is pretty unimportant at this stage. Might be better to judge more accurately in 6 months time.

IMO At Third Division/League 2 level Constantine had a great ability to be in the right place at the right time and finish his chances. Make no mistake thats an ability. A sought after, yet sometimes criticised ability. However at the step up to League 1 Constantine will have to offer something else and again IMO, he doesn't have anything else to offer.
I'd have loved to see Constantine stay but he didn't and I don't think he'll be all that kop at Peteborough.

Comment from the posh board after their game with Kettering.

"Leon was useless - he has a worse first touch than Clarke and moans as much as Legg - still its early days Is it just me or has he got the thinnest legs you have seen? (the nickname spiderman springs to mind). Overall Platt looked much better second half."

early days yet as Connie has played only two games, as has "you know who" "Striking Sensation" Gray for us.

But like everyone else I will be grinning from ear to ear if he is still firing blanks by Xmas.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ July 19 2004,12:32)]Fry: "I wasn't particularly pleased with his performance against Kettering, he was rubbish".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No matter what you think of Connie... if Fry said that about one of his players (let alone a new recruit) he's a tw*t.

I know... it's nothing we didn't already know about the fat judas.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ July 23 2004,11:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 18 2004,09:33)]It would be a shame if he got THAT many... but not a surprise.

biggrin.gif
Why ?
Hhhhhmmmm... think I should have said 'AND' a surprise.

Wooops.

Back