• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes but they were much smaller gates - so the club lose out overall, and the Football League are quids in

That does seem very strange - an unfair system (playoffs) with unfair distribution of cash. However, I would dispute the fact that we lose out overall when the point is we weren't banking on reaching the playoffs. While we might not be earning as much as some people think (probably me included and I take the point) we'll surely still be doing very nicely thank you very much.

Do you know if Maccs/Northampton also receive money from the Millenium Stadium gates/TV revenues?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 22 2005,11:27)]That does seem very strange - an unfair system (playoffs) with unfair distribution of cash.
Is it really that unfair? Should teams who finish higher in the league and are promoted automatically be financially worse off than a team going up via the playoffs?

As a club who are in the playoffs for the first time ever this year I can safely assume that over the long term we have in fact benefited from this distribution of cash so can't really moan about it now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 22 2005,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 22 2005,11:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And believe you me they are not making half as much money out of this as people think. Did you know that the club only get 12 1/2% of yesterdays nett takings, with 50% going to the Football League and the other 37 1/2% shared between Northants, Maccy & Lincoln.

But don't we also get 12.5% of both Maccy-Lincoln games?
Yes but they were much smaller gates - so the club lose out overall, and the Football League are quids in
sad.gif
How can the club lose out, if we weren't in the play offs we would have received nothing.
But yes plenty of people think we are quids in.

Any chance of subsidised travel from Loughborough?

No, didn't think so....

sad.gif

May still go anyway. Can't win with this football team. When we lose, it drains our emotions and when we win it drains our wallets.

why cant the fa have a family ticket ? two adults and three kids for us, plus travel is an absolute fortune. all to see two division 4 clubs

Subsidised travel doesn't affect me in the least so FWIW, I think the club should consider it carefully. Three trips to the MS in 15 months is stretching most peoples finances - yet the fans have been immense this season, the best support I can remember for the last 20 years. The club have made probably in excess of a Million pounds from all of this, and it would be a tremendous gesture of goodwill, and encourage a larger crowd. Go for it, RM!

I think £ 100 ++ per person in too high ( £40 + for ticket , £ 50 for a ticket on the special train with no concesions for kids plus all the usual incedentals like food n drink etc etc ) is just too high and the bottom line is it aint good value for money . on the point of subsidised travel surely £ 15k would be a decent investment if the added thousands of Shrimpers at the Milstad made the difference in getting the team up , no brainer as far as im concerned , come on Ron Martin speculate to accumulate !!!! also surely 12 1/2 % of something is better than 12 1/2 % of nothing
rock.gif
??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 22 2005,17:55)]I think £ 100 ++ per person in too high ( £40 + for ticket , £ 50 for a ticket on the special train with no concesions for kids plus all the usual incedentals like food n drink etc etc )  is just too high and the bottom line is it aint good value for money .     on the point of subsidised travel surely £ 15k would be  a decent investment if the added thousands of Shrimpers at the Milstad made the difference in getting the team up ,   no brainer as far as im concerned , come on Ron Martin speculate to accumulate !!!!     also  surely 12 1/2 % of something is better than 12 1/2 % of nothing
rock.gif
??
All those extra thousands of supporters who made the trip to the Millenium Stadium made so much difference in the last two LDV finals didn't they?

I agree £50 for the train doesn't sound good value, but the £20 on the SUSCT coach does, so stop whinging and go by coach.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 22 2005,16:27)]The club have made probably in excess of a Million pounds from all of this,
ROFL. The club won't have made anywhere near that figure.

This may be a stretch on all the fans' finances, but I'd be very surprised if any of the fans' finances are in anywhere as bad a state as the club's.

Reminder: The club is approximately £8million in debt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2005,18:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 22 2005,16:27)]The club have made probably in excess of a Million pounds from all of this,

This may be a stretch on all the fans' finances, but I'd be very surprised if any of the fans' finances are in anywhere as bad a state as the club's.

ROTFL all you like, the figure given on this board was approachin 500K for EACH Ldv final (including the run in), plus the extra from the play offs. It is somewhere around that figure. I'm not whinging, either, I will have to make my own way to the MS again, so I stand to benefit not at all.

For the club to spend a tiny fraction of that unexpected income in subisdising the travel (how about concessions on the train, for goodness sake?) isn't an unreasonable thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2005,18:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 22 2005,17:55)]I think £ 100 ++ per person in too high ( £40 + for ticket , £ 50 for a ticket on the special train with no concesions for kids plus all the usual incedentals like food n drink etc etc )  is just too high and the bottom line is it aint good value for money .     on the point of subsidised travel surely £ 15k would be  a decent investment if the added thousands of Shrimpers at the Milstad made the difference in getting the team up ,   no brainer as far as im concerned , come on Ron Martin speculate to accumulate !!!!     also  surely 12 1/2 % of something is better than 12 1/2 % of nothing
rock.gif
??
All those extra thousands of supporters who made the trip to the Millenium Stadium made so much difference in the last two LDV finals didn't they?

I agree £50 for the train doesn't sound good value, but the £20 on the SUSCT coach does, so stop whinging and go by coach.
White Boots I think you are missing the point . Firstly we have lost more heavily in both LDV finals if we had fewer fans there, its impossible to know , but in a way you are saying that it wont make any difference if we have 5,000 or 15,000 there arent you ? I fundamentally disagree with you there. What i was saying that it would seem a good idea all round if the club was prepared to subsidise ( not offer completely free travel ) . As for whinging sorry but its my hobby and we should all remember that £20 / £50 whatever means different things to different people , but youre all welcome to a lift on my Leah jet if you like .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2005,18:48)]
[b said:

Why don't we all watch it on sky and donate the travel and ticket costs to the club?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 22 2005,21:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2005,18:38)]
[b said:
rock.gif
??

White Boots I think you are missing the point . Firstly we have lost more heavily in both LDV finals if we had fewer fans there, its impossible to know , but in a way you are saying that it wont make any difference if we have 5,000  or 15,000 there  arent you ?  I fundamentally disagree with you there.   What i was saying that it would seem a good idea all round if the club was prepared to subsidise  ( not offer completely free travel ) .  As for whinging sorry but its my hobby and we should all remember that £20 /  £50  whatever means different things to different people , but youre  all welcome to a lift on my Leah jet if you like .
If the club are going to subsidise anything from the profit from the cup runs, it should be next season's season tickets so as to reward fans who attend regularly, not the day-trippers who only turn up for the big event.

As I said elsewhere, the SUSCT are running coaches for a reasonable £20. Tickets are from £24 (£12 concessions). You can therefore do the day for £44 (plus pack lunch). If the club subsidise travel I don't think that many more people will go, I think people will just end up choosing the more expensive seats.

We will take well over 10,000 so its misleading to say its the difference between 5,000 and 15,000. Also I'm confident the majority of the hardcore will go regardless of price (and yes I know there will be the odd exception): who it may make a difference to is the occasional fan. But I can't imagine it making much of a difference if the occasional fans - whose only song they can sing is "we love you Southend we do" - goes or not. Last time we may have had around 20,000 Southend supporters but it wasn't the nosiest atmosphere I'd experienced and our record in front of big crowds is hardly inspiring.

Back