• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

£81 it just cost me to fuel my car! 181.9 a litre! I’m going to start to struggle to afford to get to work at this rate. Can’t justify dropping £40k on an electric car.

I lease mine mate, about £200 a month for a Nissan Leaf. Free charging when I go into the office and the it costs about £10 from flat to fuly charged in a local Tesco. Range is an issue (about 140 miles) but there are others will larger ranges.

I have an electric car on order, but not sure when I'm going to get it as things stand. 500 mile range and doesn't look like an overweight nurse should be driving it:

2022-lucid-air-110-1633485634.jpg

I lease mine mate, about £200 a month for a Nissan Leaf. Free charging when I go into the office and the it costs about £10 from flat to fuly charged in a local Tesco. Range is an issue (about 140 miles) but there are others will larger ranges.
If the range was better I’d consider it. I do a 100 mile round trip. They just installed plugs for staff in the car park at work. Just normal three pin so it may work for a charge during shift. I don’t particularly like leasing a car. I own both of my cars but if I went EV I’d have to lease because I don’t have that amount to drop on a new car.

If the range was better I’d consider it. I do a 100 mile round trip. They just installed plugs for staff in the car park at work. Just normal three pin so it may work for a charge during shift. I don’t particularly like leasing a car. I own both of my cars but if I went EV I’d have to lease because I don’t have that amount to drop on a new car.
It sucks that they are replacing employees with robots but that just seems to be the way things are going these days.

Fantastic medium sized haddock & chips from Peggotty's in Hadleigh earlier, which is now £10. But when you buy 3 more meals for the family, & a portion of scampi, & the total is £46, the days of a cheap'fish supper' are long gone.
And they have a notice inside stating they prefer cash payments, or debit cards & won't accept credit cards!. Rarely see that these days?. Good job i'm a cash man!.

Food and wine in restaurants seems to be on a steady increase. We ate at a restaurant last night and both mains and starters appear to have gone up and most sides are now sold separately to the meals whereas previously sides were often included. As for wine, always a price hike but a bottle of Pinot Grigio was £22.

Food and wine in restaurants seems to be on a steady increase. We ate at a restaurant last night and both mains and starters appear to have gone up and most sides are now sold separately to the meals whereas previously sides were often included. As for wine, always a price hike but a bottle of Pinot Grigio was £22.
To be expected, restaurants will be suffering increased utility costs, food ingredient inflation and staff costs - they'll have to pass most, if not all, of that on

To be expected, restaurants will be suffering increased utility costs, food ingredient inflation and staff costs - they'll have to pass most, if not all, of that on
Yeah, I get that Matt, but it doesn't alter the fact that it costs more to eat out now.

@RHB, I don't mind paying the good money for bought food freshly prepared from fresh ingredients by trained chefs BUT I do feel miffed by 3-400% over priced on a bottle of wine.
At the end of the day you aren't just paying for the food, you're paying to be in the building and that means if the cost of maintaining the building goes up then the cost of the food and drink will as well.

At the end of the day you aren't just paying for the food, you're paying to be in the building and that means if the cost of maintaining the building goes up then the cost of the food and drink will as well.
Yep, I get all that, but the thread is about increased cost of living, hence my post. And wine has always been a money spinner for restaurants but now they're pushing the boundaries more than a bit.

Back