• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could we get him?

SUFCFARAWAY

Young Spanish defender Gerard Pique wil be loaned out by Manchester United in January in order for him to gain first team experience

Also Lorenzo Amoruso could be sold by Blackburn and Charlton are planning a New Year clear-out, with Jonatan Johansson, Kevin Lisbie and Jason Euell likely to be sold.

Why wouldn't any of thse fancy playing their trade at Roots Hall?

Gerard Pique - if he got pace and need experince with us, then yes! The rest of the anothers, buy them on FM2006!

Would of thought they'd go to the Championship. Very much doubt we could afford ex-premier$hite players.

Jonathan Johansson would be good. Got plenty of experience and could help us up front.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 07 2005,14:07)]Young Spanish defender Gerard Pique wil be loaned out by Manchester United in January in order for him to gain first team experience

Also Lorenzo Amoruso could be sold by Blackburn and Charlton are planning a New Year clear-out, with Jonatan Johansson, Kevin Lisbie and Jason Euell likely to be sold.

Wages would probably be the main stumbling block I would imagine..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 07 2005,14:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 07 2005,14:07)]Young Spanish defender Gerard Pique wil be loaned out by Manchester United in January in order for him to gain first team experience

Typical you - always have to undermine me!

mad.gif
tounge.gif

But if it was loan deals then the club we loan from sometimes pay a percentage of the wage

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 07 2005,14:15)]
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif

tounge.gif

But if it was loan deals then the club we loan from sometimes pay a percentage of the wage
Sneaking in the odd comment here and there... but I do have a point!

Hmmm maybe, would be awesome if we took on board a player of that caliber. Could provide the extra spark that we need right now.

Agogo in January? Has to go then or he will be on a free at the end of the season. Can't see him staying with Rovers to be fair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 07 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif

tounge.gif

Hmmm maybe, would be awesome if we took on board a player of that caliber. Could provide the extra spark that we need right now.

Agogo in January? Has to go then or he will be on a free at the end of the season. Can't see him staying with Rovers to be fair.
Prefer Holt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 07 2005,14:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 07 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif

tounge.gif

Prefer Holt.
Trust you to be controversial! - Different player, but my suggestion is more realistic. Both would be better
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 07 2005,14:26)]Prefer Holt.
Me too. He is the preferred striker of choice. I would happily pay 200,000 + for him.

Amoruso - I think that an ageing centre back who is passed his prime is just what the club needs!!!!! Break the bank for Stephen Kelly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Dec. 07 2005,14:31)]Amoruso - I think that an ageing centre back who is passed his prime is just what the club needs!!!!!  
All we need then is one in the midfield and we have a full set!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Dec. 07 2005,14:31)]
[b said:
Me too.  He is the preferred striker of choice.  I would happily pay 200,000 + for him.  

Amoruso - I think that an ageing centre back who is passed his prime is just what the club needs!!!!!  Break the bank for Stephen Kelly.
Think Rochdale turned down a £300,000 offer before, so he is pretty much out of our range

I cant see them dropping two divisions to come here....Sure a Wolves, Derby type club will have them all day long....

DtS

[b said:
had him on footy manager for southend - not a bad little player

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 07 2005,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (andrew_sthnd @ Dec. 07 2005,15:22)]had him on footy manager for southend - not a bad little player
Sign him up - no further questions need be asked about him.

suspect.gif
exactly ... tilly!

Why would anybody want Amoruso?
A total donkey even when he was playing up in Scotland.

I'd love for us to try & get Pique but I can't see it happening (neither can I see any of Charlton's unwanteds wanting to join the Tilson Revolution)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 07 2005,15:32)]I'd love for us to try & get Pique but I can't see it happening (neither can I see any of Charlton's unwanteds wanting to join the Tilson Revolution)
Agreed - even if by some miracle they did fancy a move to Southend, we would never be able to afford the wages that they would demand.

[b said:
[b said:
Me too.  He is the preferred striker of choice.  I would happily pay 200,000 + for him.  

Amoruso - I think that an ageing centre back who is passed his prime is just what the club needs!!!!!  Break the bank for Stephen Kelly.
Stephen Kelly, 2 words....NO CHANCE! He's being chased by Celtic and certain Premier$hite clubs, plus theres no way in the world he'd consider dropping into L1 anyway!

All players mentioned are well out of our range, except possibly Lisbie and even that would be a huge long shot.

People have to realise we're a L1 club, to get players of this calibre we'd clearly have to be in the Championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 07 2005,16:20)]
[b said:
[b said:

Stephen Kelly, 2 words....NO CHANCE! He's being chased by Celtic and certain Premier$hite clubs, plus theres no way in the world he'd consider dropping into L1 anyway!

All players mentioned are well out of our range, except possibly Lisbie and even that would be a huge long shot.

People have to realise we're a L1 club, to get players of this calibre we'd clearly have to be in the Championship.
Even Agogo?
rock.gif

Back