• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
1) With Lincoln now six points behind and Macc five, we can all but write them out of the automatics (shotgun not famous last words). This leaves just the top four to compete with and...

Although we may have lost top spot today, our position with regards to securing automatics marginally improved due to Eastwood's goal

2) Oxford's total attendance today was 5900. To take 1900 and almost a third of the stadium is a terrific effort and it's only a shame that they had to see the unsavoury stuff they did.

So, it's not all bad. The important thing is to get ourselves goign again for the Yeovil game and learn from the game. Defeat wasn't a disaster today and we did play some good football. By all accounts, Yeovil are playing some pretty good stuff so we're going to need the crowd to give us the cliched twelfth man.

COME ON THE SHRIMPERS!

(WISH I COULD GO TO THE YEOVIL GAME!)

I BELIEVE
smile.gif

With Swansea losing surely arent we in a better position with regards promotion than we were at 3 oclock Saturday ie. the gap between us and 4 th spot is still the same ( goal diiff has even got better than Swans ) and they now have only 2 games instead of 3 to catch up ?? Also if our game is level on Saturday and Swans are behind both us and Yeovil would be promoted which could make for a wierd situation whereby we could see a draw being settled on with all supporters ( including Yeovil,s ) nervously awaiting the final whistle at the Swansea game to start the party at Roots Hall , unlikely i know but very possible !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ April 24 2005,13:55)]With Swansea losing surely arent we in a better position with regards promotion than we were at 3 oclock Saturday ie. the gap between us and 4 th spot is still the same ( goal diiff has even got better than Swans ) and they now have only 2 games instead of 3 to catch up ??
Yeah, that was the point I clumsily tried to make! One game closer to the finish and we're better off at the end of the day than the start. Who knows how Swansea will react to the defeat.

amazing to think that yeovil have the second highest goals against tally in the division !!!!!!!!! think were see plenty of goals on sat !!!

We'll beat Yeovil on sat as we always play well against "footballing" teams. Oxford and the like who have a majority of neanderthal 7' tall and 19 stone defenders always seem to undo us.
Win next week, and all the hullabaloo of this weekend will disappear and we'll be off to Cleethorpes with a spring in our step to win the title!

I see no reason why we can't win our last 2 games, IMHO we are the best side in this division and with Yeovil on current poor form we have nothing to fear. If we can go into the last day in top spot I'm extremely confident it'll be a day to remember in Cleethorpes....
smile.gif

Back