• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Alan

Schoolboy
8 league goals in 5 years what's the point of him signing, surely there is a journeyman who has a better goal ratio ????

i did say Cowan wasn't good enough - stuck my neck out, people were raving about his video - if his highlights consist of him passing the ball sideways it doesn't bode well!!

i think there could be some (old) legs in Fagan...

Typical SZ over-reaction! :facepalm:

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

You are the Queen of SZ over-reactions!

Would be delighted to have Fagan plus Bennet, Clifford and Forte .

Not sure that Fagan is on the radar, however potentially another forward player who played in League Two last season.

Great news if Clifford confirmed, fingers crossed the other two mentioned will also be here in time for Saturday.

I really would expect us to get 2 or 3 loanees too, especially with our good Watford links and of course the Brown/Allardyce connection.

Corr had scored 13 league goals in 5 years before joining us and Benyon had scored 42 league goals in the same period.

Not saying I want Cowan to join, but basing a player solely on goals scored is a bit narrow minded.

Not sure that Fagan is on the radar, however potentially another forward player who played in League Two last season.

Great news if Clifford confirmed, fingers crossed the other two mentioned will also be here in time for Saturday.

I really would expect us to get 2 or 3 loanees too, especially with our good Watford links and of course the Brown/Allardyce connection.

Cowan still is, according to the Echo article

I don't expect Cown to sign if we get Forte
with Clifford, plus the now anticipated Forte and Bennett, there is only one available spot.
i expect PB will keep that open in case something else springs up or back to life rather than give that spot to Cowan now- might change if we can exit someone but don't think that looks likely

So Reid signs......thank you very much :winking: another one right!!!!

I don't see the point in signing him now we have signed Reid and look to get Forte in. That will bring us up to 5 strikers.

Cowans played wide a lot - so maybe good to have on board as a different option, or if we go 3 up top - maybe Forte/Cowan either side of Corr or Eastwood?

Back