• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Craig Easton

Poor bloke, would have him back in a heartbeat, especially if Timlin doesn't renew his contract!

Poor bloke, would have him back in a heartbeat, especially if Timlin doesn't renew his contract!

A heartbeat?! He was alright but no great shakes and if we want to be getting promoted then we should be looking at better options than Easton. If he was as good as some like to think he is/was then Torquay would be hanging onto him. At 34 he probably hasn't got the stamina now either.

A heartbeat?! He was alright but no great shakes and if we want to be getting promoted then we should be looking at better options than Easton. If he was as good as some like to think he is/was then Torquay would be hanging onto him. At 34 he probably hasn't got the stamina now either.

No, I think he was more than alright, and he was one that was treated pretty shamefully over contract negotiations so very much doubt he would come back. I believe I read he was doing a degree, sports or possibly sports journalism related, to help him in a career post playing professionally. Good luck to him, a very decent man.

Meh, was alright, wouldn't have him in the starting 11 now. Thought he was pretty average when he was with us back then, so wouldn't fancy him back 2 years later. Great guy off the pitch though.

Thought he was average at best. Did score a good goal against Wycombe I think when we won late on but I was not sad to see him go.

Used to speak to him a bit when he was with us always had time for the fans and came over as a great bloke,i hope he gets a new club soon.

On 9th May 2013 upon his release from Torquay, Easton highlighted his desire to return to Scotland and play for Airdrie FC in the Scottish Football League by tweeting "There's only One Jimmy Boyle", Boyle being an Airdrieonians legend from Easton's youth and current Airdrie FC first team coach. Fans of Airdrie were of the belief that Easton's desire to stick it to Rangers who will be playing in the SFL2 may be the clincher for the deal to be struck as well as the chance to be No.2 to one of his boyhood heroes. This may well be factually inaccurate and the ramblings of an "internet bampot" ©James Traynor, who had too much time on his hands and a vivid imagination.

Back