• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Crawley Town vs Southend United FA Cup 1st Round Replay

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
The Official Match Thread brought to you by ShrimperZone.com

So here we are the 1st Round Replay of the FA Cup of the 2018/19 season and Chris Powell’s first full season since his return and time in charge at the Mighty Shrimpers.

Our 1st Round FA Cup Replay match is away against Crawley Town.

the-emirates-fa-cup-logo-f5d54e10-144e-4725-86d3-1ff4f3211ee7.png
image.pngVS.pngSUFC.jpg

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind him and the team whether you are at Broadfield Stadium, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow.

Chris Powell's Southend United team for the FA Cup Replay Away at Crawley Town

Dsd32P7WkAAs740.png

The Broadfield Stadium pitch looks very wet and slippery for the match which kicks off at 19.45pm Tuesday 20th November against Crawley Town, It looks like it is going to be a very cold evening with rain/sleet expected for the game.
DsdvWXqXQAIsUS_.jpg

DsdvWXuW0AACY9E.jpg

The weather forecast for this evening at Broadfield Stadium

CrawleyTownvSUFC Weather.png

Chris Powell’s current away record after 18 games

Won 7
Drawn 4
Lost 8
Goals scored 16
Goals conceded 22

League Positions Last Season

10th (2017/18 Season) League One Southend United
14th (2017/18 Season) League Two Crawley Town

League Positions Current Season

14th (2018/19 Season) (League 1) Southend United
13th (2018/19 Season) (League 2) Crawley Town

Previous Five Meetings

Southend United 1-1 Crawley Town (FA Cup r1 10/11/18 Att. 3,935)
Crawley Town 0-3 Southend United (FLT2 6/10/15 Att. 1,139)
Southend United 0-0 Crawley Town (L2 5/03/12 Att. 5,439)
Southend United 1-0 Crawley Town (FLT1 30/08/11 Att. 2,053)
Crawley Town 3-0 Southend United (L2 16/08/11 Att. 3,220)
We have only played Crawley Town five times + 3 Friendlies

Head to Head record

Southend United Wins: 2
Draws: 2
Crawley Town Wins: 1

Wiggle it, Just a Little Bit!

Managers Pre-match Views

Crawley Town

Gabriele Cioffi Crawley Town’s manager talks to West Sussex County Times before the game

Crawley Town head coach Gabriele Cioffi says fans are their 'oxygen' ahead of FA Cup replay with Southend

The Reds are expecting a big crowd for their FA Cup replay with Southend tonight after slashing entry prices. And Cioffi knows how much the fans mean to the club and the players.

He said: “The supporters are oxygen for us; they are fire. The 400 supporters at Southend gave us a massive boost, especially in the second half. “That’s why myself, my assistant Nathan Rooney and the players are keen to join the Crawley community.

“What we can promise is hard work and the will to do something special.

“The idea the club had to bring down the prices of the FA Cup was brilliant so we are keen to have as many supporters as we can on our side to fire up the passion we have.

This club has a lot of passion and the staff and players are working hard every day to create something important. “But without the supporters we are nothing. We need the final boost to give them a special day.”

Full text here

https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/sport/football/crawley-town-head-coach-gabriele-cioffi-says-fans-are-their-oxygen-ahead-of-fa-cup-replay-with-southend-1-8711611

Gabriele Cioffi Crawley Town’s manager talks to The Argus before the game

Crawley boss Gabriele Cioffi has called on his players to turn the Broadfield Stadium into “a little hell”.

Cioffi hopes for a red hot atmosphere when his side host Southend United in an FA Cup first round replay tonight.

Prices were slashed to £5 and players worked in the ticket office to help fire up interest in the tie.

The prize for the winners is a home tie against League One high-fliers Barnsley – as well as £36,000.

Crawley took 17 points from seven games in a recent unbeaten run before their own fans.

That series was ended by a 4-0 reverse to MK Dons but Cioffi believes they will have great backing tonight.

The Italian coach said: “This is our home and the players are comfortable playing here.

“They call us the Red Devils.

“I would like it to become a small hell for teams that come here. A fortress.

“Our mentality has to be almost the same at home and away.

“At the moment we have a winning mentality and a winning confidence at home.

“We know we can challenge a League One club.

“We want to show we can do something.

“We can’t think about Barnsley because we look arrogant.

“Still we have to play against Southend “What I’m sure our boys will do is fight 90 minutes, if we need 30 minutes more, if we need penalties as well.

“This is what I think any supporter in the world, doesn’t matter the team, wants to see from their club.”

Full text here

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17234356.turn-the-broadfield-stadium-into-a-little-hell/

Southend United

Chis Powell talks to Chris Phillips of the ECHO ahead of the game with Crawley Town

Southend United midfielder Dru Yearwood ‘touch and go’ for FA Cup clash at Crawley Town

Yearwood was taken off in the 31st minute after suffering a hip injury in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Blackpool.

And Blues boss Chris Powell is unsure whether or not the influential 18-year-old will be fit enough to figure in the centre of the park.

“Dru is touch and go,” said Powell.

“Of course I want him to play but I want him to play long-term too.

“I don’t want to do any long-term damage to him so we will make a decision in the morning and go from there.”

Yearwood could be replaced in midfield by the fit-again Luke Hyam or Powell could opt to alter the formation.

However, the Blues boss will certainly be forced to change things at the back following Michael Turner’s red card against Blackpool.

The centre-back was sent off for stamping on Armand Gnanduillet in the closing stages and will not be available for tonight’s clash.

“Michael’s ban starts straightaway so he’s not available for the next three games,” confirmed Powell.

“If he had been sent off in the FA Cup he would’ve been available for the League games but not the cup.

“But he can’t play on Tuesday so we will have to change things at the back.”

However, Powell hopes to have John White available again after the defender missed out on facing Blackpool because of illness.

“John White should be OK for the game,” said Powell.

“We tried to keep him away from the group to stop anyone else getting the illness.

“But he’s trained and should be available for the game, which would be good news.”

Goalkeeper Ted Smith is still sidelined with a leg injury.

Full Text here

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...ouch-and-go-for-fa-cup-clash-at-crawley-town/

Wiggle it, Just a Little Bit!

So this is not on I follow tonight. That's disappointing as I am unable to get BBC essex where I am and for some bizzare reason it's not available for match commentary on DAB.

Last edited:
So this is not on I follow tonight. That's disappointing as I am unable to get BBC essex where I am and for some bizzare reason it's not available for match commentary on DAB.
Phone a friend in south Essex, ask them to put their phone by the radio. I have done this a few times in the past when working late

Big opportunity for Kyprianou. He looked a bit nervy when he played LB before some very assured performances at CB. I probably would've played Demi or White at LB to play Kyprianou at CB.

Worried about this one, I have a feeling our slump is going to continue tonight. I hope not.

Back