• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rowe23

Youth Team⭐
Is Sturrock trying to convert Cresswell into the new Mohsni? by that i mean our go to guy for target man? if so do you think he will have the same impact?

I questioned the decision, but fair play to PS....it paid off.

Think we lack that 'proper' target man though and we also a lot of creativity from central and wide midfield, but back to the thread and big Cresswell saw us through to the next round which allows us to dream of WEM-BER-LEE this evening

Is Cresswell the new Mohsni? Possibly yes, but without all the bull**** we had to put up with from the mad Frenchman.....

Good riddance Bilel, arise Sir Ryan! :thumbsup: :Worthy:

No, Cresswell is nothing like Mohsni. He is just a CB who is able to be thrown up top to make a difference especially amongst a physical defence. I don't remember Mohsni being especially good at playing strong defenders, he'd normally go for the foul and whine theatrically to the ref, then sulk if it wasn't given.

Sturrock has converted several centre-halfs into strikers over his managerial career. I know Cress has said that he used to play up front when he was coming throughnthe youth teams but I do wonder if this will be something that we end up seeing as more than just being 'Plan B'.

i like cresswell alot...typical L2 central defender...big, strong in the air and doesn't mind putting his foot in when needed. this league is not about being pretty at the back so this has been a great signing from sturrock and I can see him becoming a firm fans favourite over the rest of the season

Sturrock has converted several centre-halfs into strikers over his managerial career. I know Cress has said that he used to play up front when he was coming throughnthe youth teams but I do wonder if this will be something that we end up seeing as more than just being 'Plan B'.

I dont mind him being pushed up at the end of a game we are chasing , not sure Id want him up there more than that.

I wouldn't have thought so, he's too important to our defensive line to convert into a centre-forward. He's a great option to throw forward if we're searching for a goal and is definitely a threat from set-pieces, much like Coughlan was under Luggy at Plymouth, but the new Mohsni? No.

Might be best to keep him away from Ben Chorley though. Just in case.

Yep set pieces could be very fruitful with Cress and Phillips both going up. Just have to ensure the delivery is good with Hall gone/going. Was impressed with Hursts corners on saturday before he went off.

I dont mind him being pushed up at the end of a game we are chasing , not sure Id want him up there more than that.

Agreed
Thought he went for the 'option' far too soon against Accrington , which smacked of desperation.
In general I'm against the idea for the above reason , but it's worked twice already so I'm sure it will continue.

Back