• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
hello to all blues fans.playing brentford,saturday, my first game was v brentford in 1967.had a bit more hair then.had a lot of great times at brentford,shame they got rid of that big home end,was it royal oak end??my last away game ,few years ago,was also at brentford,then off i went to heathrow to fly back to germany.i have had now a season ticket for nürnberg forb 10 years.does anybody remember the old games v brentford in the late 60s,70s early 80s??aufwiedersehen ozzie from germany

I remember standing on the open away end at Brentford back in the last millenieum. They were then a regular rival and we used to share many common players and of course David Webb and Andy Ansah in our histories.

I am hoping all the players are rested and that Britt and Laird are recovered and fit for the game.

hello to all blues fans.playing brentford,saturday, my first game was v brentford in 1967.had a bit more hair then.had a lot of great times at brentford,shame they got rid of that big home end,was it royal oak end??my last away game ,few years ago,was also at brentford,then off i went to heathrow to fly back to germany.i have had now a season ticket for nürnberg forb 10 years.does anybody remember the old games v brentford in the late 60s,70s early 80s??aufwiedersehen ozzie from germany

Wasn't that the game where Mike Beesley got a late winner for us?

I remember standing on the open away end at Brentford back in the last millenieum. They were then a regular rival and we used to share many common players and of course David Webb and Andy Ansah in our histories.

I am hoping all the players are rested and that Britt and Laird are recovered and fit for the game.

Wonder if anyone can confirm that Britt is actually eligible to play(as well as fit of course)?

Wonder if anyone can confirm that Britt is actually eligible to play(as well as fit of course)?
Britt has a purple bruise on his ankle but the swelling has gone down; his answer to if playing was "if selected I'll be playing."
Watford have cleared it.

i can remember my first ever game v brentford at roots hall in 1981 when i was a ball boy, think southend won that day but cant remember the score, in the days of cusack and anton owtalokowski or wat ever his name was:smile:

pete

hi pete ,took me a while,still trying to get to grips with this computer lark!!blog,forum,thread!!tried to open your last letter about your history,but can not.will have to wait till my son has a go. bfn

hi,if i remember,i think the only goal was scored by phil chisnall.in 1967,when i was at my nans house in leigh,the heating broke or something &mike beesley,i think it was came round and fixed it.must have been a plumer as well! bfn ozzie

As far as I can recall we played Brentford twice in 1967 at Griffin Park the first encounter was 21/1/67 in a 1-1 draw goalscorer was Colin Flatt attendance was over 10,000 this was due to a protest against Brenford moving to groundshare with Q.P.R.(some things never change). We also played them on 26/12/67 at Griffin Park winning by 2-1 both goals scored by Mike Beesley. 4 days later in the return match Phil Chisnall scored in a 1-0 win.
Welcome Ozzie regards Nobbler

hi,if i remember,i think the only goal was scored by phil chisnall.in 1967,when i was at my nans house in leigh,the heating broke or something &mike beesley,i think it was came round and fixed it.must have been a plumer as well! bfn ozzie

Checked before.There were two away games to Bees in 67.
66/7 when Derek Woodley scored first in a 1-1 draw and the game I was thinking about in 67/8 when Mike Beesley scored twice in our 2-1 away win.Didn't know MB did plumbing but I do know(from personal experience) that John Kurila,Billy Best and Johny Mckinven from that era,all turned their hand to a bit of building work in the summer.

Is that the same Ozzie who sprayed 'Southend' on the public gallery wall in the courtroom while I was giving evidence (backing up my mate) after a Colchester away game? Must have been about 1974.

yes,but i was also in court 1974,after starting big trouble at colchester,layer rd end.i ended up in the papers,not for the first time.also in the daily mirror match report.but who are you?who was your mate?you live in spain now?? bfn ozzie

hi,im talking about the home game,67.i am sure we won 1-0,must check !!the plummer,might have been mel slack.not 2 sure.oz

hi nobbler,how r u mate.long time no see.but i have only been back to sarfend,twice in the last 18 years.but want to come over next august,2 c the blues & if i get a ticket 4 the england -scotland game.saved all my cash in hand money &went to poland-england.got black market ticket,got in the ground,rainedoff.had to leave the next morning,06.55,did not see the game.few hundred euros spent fopr nothing,did come over august 2010,saw the blues twice,also had a ticket from the f.a. for the england-holland game,also called off,riots in london,but at least got my money back.and if you want more bad luck,nov 1979 outside wembley 4 the eng-bulgaria,game called off,fog!!but went back the next day & saw the game,hope u get this letter,coz i have no idea what i am doing. bfn ozzie

hi,im talking about the home game,67.i am sure we won 1-0,must check !!the plummer,might have been mel slack.not 2 sure.oz

1967-68 we beat Brentford at home twice both by 1-0

wednesday 23rd august 1967 v Brentford round 1 League cup 1-0 McKinven att:8,089
saturday 30th august 1967 v Brentford Div 1-0 Chisnall att: 9,181

My mate was arrested at the same time in the Layer Rd End, but got off in court on a technicality. We were Hockley lads.
Alan

Back