• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Curry houses...

I wouldn't touch that place with a barge pole, the hygiene is shocking..... Before they had a side gate put up, when you walked past, you use to be greeted with stained mattresses and all sorts of rubbish in the garden and left out on the street. If that's how they treat thier home, no thanks.
Maybe they were Naan Beds !!!

I know a bit out of the way, but The Shenfield Tandoori , one of the best curry houses
Small but everything freshly cooked and the dad who runs the place, is always in the kitchen, ensuring food is top notch
One down side Ray Parlour often in there and Ruddock,
Well worth a trip in to Shenfield for a night and excellent food

Yes I've seen that, they proudly show that in the window which always makes me chuckle. I live about 200 yards away and being a dog owner walk past most days, day and night, the ammount of rubbish they leave out in black bin bags is disgusting. The next morning you're greeted (after the foxes have had a go) with dirty nappies, food, bones, they don't recycle anything. The residence down my road have complained to the Council and they've had a ticking off.

Even though it's very close to me and I love an Indian, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I've been going to Leigh tandoori for about 20 years.

Yes I've seen that, they proudly show that in the window which always makes me chuckle. I live about 200 yards away and being a dog owner walk past most days, day and night, the ammount of rubbish they leave out in black bin bags is disgusting. The next morning you're greeted (after the foxes have had a go) with dirty nappies, food, bones, they don't recycle anything. The residence down my road have complained to the Council and they've had a ticking off.

Even though it's very close to me and I love an Indian, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I've been going to Leigh tandoori for about 20 years.
Well atleast it’s not the same in the kitchen. Considering that latest result was in October. Maybe the best place for rubbish is in black rubbish bags and not on the kitchen floor!

Well atleast it’s not the same in the kitchen. Considering that latest result was in October. Maybe the best place for rubbish is in black rubbish bags and not on the kitchen floor!

Not put out days before the bin men are due...

My rule of thumb when I go into a restaurant, if the property they live in (upstairs) is a dump, it's a pretty good indication they won't have much pride prepering food.

If you like a Rat Madras or a Cockroach Biryani, fill your boots, I'm just saying what I know. I wouldn't even let my dog eat from that place.

Last edited:
Marco Polo in Wickford is still one of the best around, and it's been going for a long time now.
I agree with you very good food.Local to me as is the Bekash.Not been there in a while but going next weekend

Had a takeaway from the Mall Road in Hadleigh.

Must say it’s the best curry I’ve had for a very long time, everyone I know who’s been there raves about their food. I can see why.

Pink Chilliz in Hadleigh - a plate of their Pink Chilliz Special with a Pilau rice will do me nicely.Food always hot, well cooked and ready when they say it will be. Came away from the Yak and Yeti some time ago after too many things were missing from orders or it took so long to deliver, I actually thought it was coming from Nepal. Shame because their food was very good quality.

Pink Chilliz in Hadleigh - a plate of their Pink Chilliz Special with a Pilau rice will do me nicely.Food always hot, well cooked and ready when they say it will be. Came away from the Yak and Yeti some time ago after too many things were missing from orders or it took so long to deliver, I actually thought it was coming from Nepal. Shame because their food was very good quality.
If you’re in Hadleigh give Mall Road a go. The other new Indian I plan to try is Wild Ducks.

The Bengal down Lampits Hill in Corringham is pretty good if you ever venture this way. There's another one further down the road (name escapes me at the mo) looks nice but quite pricey.

The Bengal down Lampits Hill in Corringham is pretty good if you ever venture this way. There's another one further down the road (name escapes me at the mo) looks nice but quite pricey.
Zaal. Very popular on a Wednesday for its banquet night

Last edited:
Back