• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cyprus

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Thinking of a mid September break to Cyprus. North or South?

well i am going there on the 7th to the 17th of july to the north near nicosia so could tell you if its nice after

Got a very good friend who lives there and commutes back to the UK as his job is being a resident toastmaster at some big country place! Does a couple of weddings over a weekend then hops on back to Cyprus - what a life! I'm not sure which bit he lives in, I'll ask....

Got a very good friend who lives there and commutes back to the UK as his job is being a resident toastmaster at some big country place! Does a couple of weddings over a weekend then hops on back to Cyprus - what a life! I'm not sure which bit he lives in, I'll ask....

You've got to mid September no rush.

Not keen on Turkey but love Greece although not sure of the currency in Southern Cyprus and if they have been hit by the Greek economy

Didn't Steveo say he's looking at mid-sept and asked for opinions on north or south?:facepalm:

He did indeed.And I said we're planning to visit in mid-August and looking to stay in the south.

Not keen on Turkey but love Greece although not sure of the currency in Southern Cyprus and if they have been hit by the Greek economy

The currency is the euro.You might recall they've been hit by their own (home grown) recent banking crisis (brought on largely by huge amounts of undeclared Russian money being deposited in Cyprus banks).I've read that there are some bargains to be had there because of their recent economic problems.
If anyone has recent first hand accounts of visiting Cyprus, I'd certainly be interested to hear them, (like Stevo).

He did indeed.And I said we're planning to visit in mid-August and looking to stay in the south.
Good for you,but what has that got to do with my reply to OBL concerning Steveos question?:dim:

I think the essential point is, that though Stevo started the thread, any comments are deemed to be in the public domain, rather than addressed solely to him.
It is a public message board after all.:whistling:

Thinking of a mid September break to Cyprus. North or South?

Advice from my friend is this, if you are travelling with young people in your party, then the South is better. He said you can usually only fly in direct to the South. In his opinion, the North is more suited to groups of adults with no youngsters

Go to Greek Cyprus, i mean, for a start, FIFA doesnt recognise the Turkish part!

Take cash, you will be treated like a rich king!

Change of plan. The people we are going with are on quite a tight budget, and after a few trips form Southend Airport I really cant be arsed with going to Gatwick any more. How about Alicante? Any good?

Back