• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Daggers (A) 12/08/23 - SOLD OUT

The good old MET made the game 3pm costing both clubs money for the TV switch and also refused to let us sell you the 300 extra in the terrace, nothing to do with us as we wanted to do it, overkill from the MET as usual. You’ll be fine in the home end, mouth shut etc.
That's interesting. I thought the kick off was changed back to 3pm as TNT couldn't rely on the game taking place and risk losing a televised match.

The good old MET made the game 3pm costing both clubs money for the TV switch and also refused to let us sell you the 300 extra in the terrace, nothing to do with us as we wanted to do it, overkill from the MET as usual. You’ll be fine in the home end, mouth shut etc.
It would be overkill, if it weren't for shenanigans two seasons back and 'Daggers' in the terrace near the away end acting like they do. Days off aren't cancelled for officers who get put down to work it. It's coppers getting pulled off normally duties on the working days that now have to police it. My mate tells me numbers on the 999 team become dangerously low on match days like these. Domestic, assault, robbery and burglary calls get answered less often cause teenagers don't understand the consequence of their actions.

By all means bemoan the loss in TV income. There are other less comfortable consequences.

I will be very happy in the home end but my mouth won't be shut it will be roaring on my team hopefully to victory but in any event may the best team win

Reckon they'd let me in Hospitality? 😂

Get some seats in the main stand and use the Victoria bar upstairs.

I have on a few occasions including the Lenny volley game when we won 3-1? The home fans are fine up there and were happy to engage with us....As long as your smart casual and respectful to them.

The guy who used to fund them paid for it to be refurbed and like the rest of their setup they make plenty of money all week.

Get some seats in the main stand and use the Victoria bar upstairs.

I have on a few occasions including the Lenny volley game when we won 3-1? The home fans are fine up there and were happy to engage with us....As long as your smart casual and respectful to them.

The guy who used to fund them paid for it to be refurbed and like the rest of their setup they make plenty of money all week.

We’ve had to reduce hours due to the bar not making money, used to be pub hours but much reduced now and only open for functions. Cheap as chips for drinks compared to other establishments in the area if you do pop in.

We’ve had to reduce hours due to the bar not making money, used to be pub hours but much reduced now and only open for functions. Cheap as chips for drinks compared to other establishments in the area if you do pop in.

I have been to a few functions in the main area downstairs. Lot of people spending a lot of coin......That was pre Covid and the current cost of living rises.

There’s a guy on here called Barry Blue who went that route once. Not sure he’d recommend it.
Yes in 2014 when Hurst scored. In the moment I forgot I was behind enemy lines and got a clump for my troubles while stewards just watched. Luckily got transferred to the away end after that and a brief check-up in the medical room but that wasn't the end of the nightmare as my car adorned with a Southend sticker had its window smashed upon return. They are vile

If we do get any extra, it would be a small section of the North terrace (roughly where this picture above was taken from) which could accommodate another 200-300. Although I’d think it’s unlikely due to police costs. Then again they may not want groups of Southend attempting to get in the home end. We will see.
Yeah I would think they would rather all Southend fans together (easier to deal with) rather than a load of us in the home end

Back