• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm in Cardiff tomorrow night for the league cup qtr final v Blackburn. Have managed to wangle a ticket for their 1610 Suite (good seats, food etc etc).

Anyhow Damon Searle rang me on Fri and said I see you live in Southend and your coming to the game next Tue...I'm Damon Searle and used to play for SUFC. He now works for Cardiff City in their Commercial Dept.

We then had a lengthy conversation about his time with us, how we're doing now, status of the stadium (!!) etc. Said he always looks for our results. Going to see him when I'm there...any messages?!

Expect it to be an emotional night following the incredibly sad news regarding Gary Speed.

Andrew

I'm in Cardiff tomorrow night for the league cup qtr final v Blackburn. Have managed to wangle a ticket for their 1610 Suite (good seats, food etc etc).

Anyhow Damon Searle rang me on Fri and said I see you live in Southend and your coming to the game next Tue...I'm Damon Searle and used to play for SUFC. He now works for Cardiff City in their Commercial Dept.

We then had a lengthy conversation about his time with us, how we're doing now, status of the stadium (!!) etc. Said he always looks for our results. Going to see him when I'm there...any messages?!

Expect it to be an emotional night following the incredibly sad news regarding Gary Speed.

Andrew
great night for you coming up, always thought he was a good left back for us and loved a longshot at goal, hope you enjoy your day.

Love that when a former player speaks highly of the club and when they tell us they look out for our results.

Had a fairly long chat with Sir Stanley Collymore before the France game at Euro 2004, explained I was a Southend fan...was chuffed when he replied in his strong brummy accent - "Always got time for a shrimper mate"

Back to Searley - just thank him for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POKvnz4khU

Cheers guys...and agree he was a good player for us. And that goal v R&D, top notch. I'll be sure to remind him about it!:smile:

Back