• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All opinion. I don't doubt Leonard's ability and he's my strong second but past couple of months he hasn't been the player we saw earlier in the season. Bentley consistent throughout that's why he gets my vote.

Don't agree with that, but have you not noticed the very close attention he has got from opponents lately. He has become a very marked man due to his strong performances. Team after team are trying to mark him out of the game, and as pointed out he is probably the most fouled player in the division - look at the stats - over 100 fouls committed against him. Three of the four players Torquay had booked were for bad tackles on Lenny - just to stop his runs. This close attention has given more room for Atkinson and Timlin to do their work, so rejoice it don't knock the lad.

He has saved us many many more points than his us lost though..

Has Ryan Leonard been 'outstanding'? No

If we had any outstanding players in midfield or up top this season we'd be going up automatic. Scoring goals has been the problem this year not conceding them.

No he hasn't, but to be fair to Lenny he's been pretty close to outstanding this season in my opinion and deserves POTY. Bentley's done very well this season, yes he's made some mistakes but he's also won us a decent amount of points in games too. Like Lenny he's very young and will only get better, both players will be playing at a far higher level than this within a year or two in my opinion. Let's all be thankful we have them on long term contracts, when they do leave at least they'll bring in decent transfer fees.

Bentley has been brilliant. Any decent back 4 needs a good keeper behind them. He gives the whole team confidence, something Paul Smith sadly didnt. Many times this season opposite managers have commented on his performances.

Really? I think he's been bloody brilliant, and I know I'm not alone!

No you're not.

It was tough call for POTY this season with honourable mentions to White, Coker, Atkinson, Bentley and all the loanees have been superb.

Leonard got my vote though after reacting in the right manner to disappointment. Left out of Wembley last season, He's certainly made sure that won't happen again!

Looks like he's been playing CM his whole career.

I agree with many comments on here. My vote would go to Lenny. He plays in the hardest position on the pitch, his work rate is second to none and at time holds the midfield together. For those that say he hasnt been consistent i do disagree with. As for Bentley like many have said he has been consistent, but to say he has been brilliant is an over reaction. He has cost us points as well as being responsible for saving us some, but then thats his job. His kicking is dodgy at times and his selection of when to come and not come for crosses/corners at times is questionable. But that is being ultra critical. I think many like the fact that he is on twitter and is very reactive on there and also the fact that hes young, a bit of an attitude etc. But as i said my vote goes to Lenny.

Back