• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Danny Granville

The_Charm

Has there been anymore news about Danny Granville coming to Southend? Or have the rumours been quashed?

thanks...

Wonder if Tilson or the club will confirm/deny whether we were ever in for Granville before he decided upon playing for relegation fodder?

Relegation fodder in the Championship....

Not fussed to be honest, hasnt played much last couple of seasons due to injury.

Tilson said we weren't interested in him some time ago... General consensus amongst Palace fans is his legs are gone and whilst he may be good for every other game, if he's overworked he'll struggle. And i don't think i'm the only in thinking the Col Ewe defence won't have it easy next season.

We have a much better option in Hammell IMO.

read previous posts Cricko.....doing the same joke twice just isn't funny...:minger:

Bloody hell they are signing a lot of no hopers!!

You keep telling yourself that ol' green eyes.

Funny how every player we sign is going to get us relegated according to you lot, even though one is a player you were after and another was one of your best players in the season when you were good. So we'll keep wheeling the new boys through the door, and you can keep telling yourselves that they're all now rubbish because they've signed for Col U. Keep it up, it's hilarious.

..even though one is a player you were after and another was one of your best players in the season when you were good. .

Guttridge was a decent player for a few months, then one of our poorest, with the worst attitude.

Thats not envy, and if you check this board you will see not many would rate him as a signing even before you were interested in him.

Sheringham is too old.

Yeates is a decent signing, and Granville should be ok if he stays injury free.

Platt I know nothing of.....

Funny how every player we sign is going to get us relegated according to you lot, even though one is a player you were after and another was one of your best players in the season when you were good. So we'll keep wheeling the new boys through the door, and you can keep telling yourselves that they're all now rubbish because they've signed for Col U. Keep it up, it's hilarious.

Can you prove we were after Sheringham or Granville? I doubt it.

Guttridge is ****, mate. If you're hoping that he'll keep you up then you're in a World of trouble.

Most of your signings look OK (Platt - large and can score, but probably not as good as Iwelumo; Granville - solid, but has lost a yard of pace), apart from:

* Sheringham - who is class, and most sane people know he is - although I would also be worried about how much he's costing; and

* Guttridge - who is a horrible, poisonous little dwarf. Quite genuinely, you have someone whose talent (and he does have it, but it'll only be in evidence for the first half of the season at most), is more than outweighed by his appalling attitude. You've got the lower leagues' answer to Craig Bellamy. Am I sorry that we no longer have him? No, not for a nanosecond. Good riddance to the cantankerous, egotistical midget... and a shame for Williams that he allowed Gutts's agent to sweet-talk him into the doors of Layer Farm.

And if you think I'm "just saying that", then I suggest you speak to the fans of Cambridge, Torquay or Orient for a second, third or fourth opinion.

The only one who's deluding himself about that little pipsqueak is you, dear boy.

Matt

* Sheringham - who is class, and most sane people know he is - although I would also be worried about how much he's costing; and

* Guttridge - who is a horrible, poisonous little dwarf. Quite genuinely, you have someone whose talent (and he does have it, but it'll only be in evidence for the first half of the season at most), is more than outweighed by his appalling attitude. You've got the lower leagues' answer to Craig Bellamy. Am I sorry that we no longer have him? No, not for a nanosecond. Good riddance to the cantankerous, egotistical midget... and a shame for Williams that he allowed Gutts's agent to sweet-talk him into the doors of Layer Farm.

Sheringham, most sane people admit he was class but would question wether its worth spending 6 or 7k a week on someone who is clearly too old. He may well do ok and have a huge impact but Id personally not want to take the chance here...

I think you were being a little too kind on Guttridge though...

My mate is a massive Palace fan and when I told him we were afer him he said 'oh' and when he signed for Colchester today he said your lucky. He isn't all that, always injured and just not upto Championship level let alone League 1.

Back