• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dare I take the Mrs to Millwall?

Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Was at home last night and planning my week ahead with the Mrs as I always do on a Sunday so we can work out what nights were in, what night to see friends etc etc.

Anyway I mentioned that were at Millwall tomorrow night and I would be going. Straight away the Mrs recognised the name as we both go past The New Den on our way to work. Straight away the Mrs decides that she would like to come - But I can decide if its a good idea or not.

The Mrs has only ever been to one game before and the blockbuster that was out draw at home to Cheltenham this season.

Now I took a massive risk bringing her to the home game baring in mind the infamous Cheltenham Murder Squad were coming to town that day. However I am not sure that I want to really have to risk the Mrs down in South London with all of Millwalls lovely locals.

My old man reckons its safe to take her but I am not keen to put her off going as she does want to go again at the moment.

I had planned to take her to the market porter before hand and I know MtS & Slipper will be there so not worried about being attacked at the pub beforehand.

Thoughts please?

Last edited:
I'm going, I had doubts but so many people on here have said that there's no problem now.

Was at home last night and planning my week ahead with the Mrs as I always do on a Sunday so we can work out what nights were in, what night to see friends etc etc.

Anyway I mentioned that were at Millwall tomorrow night and I would be going. Straight away the Mrs recognised the name as we both go past The New Den on our way to work. Straight away the Mrs decides that she would like to come - But I can decide if its a good idea or not.

The Mrs has only ever been to one game before and the blockbuster that was out draw at home to Cheltenham this season.

Now I took a massive risk bringing her to the home game baring in mind the infamous Cheltenham Murder Squad were coming to town that day. However I am not sure that I want to really have to risk the Mrs down in South London with all of Millwalls lovely locals.

My old man reckons its safe to take her but I am not keen to put her off going as she does want to go again at the moment.

I had planned to take her to the market porter before hand and I know MtS & Slipper will be there so not worried about being attacked at the pub beforehand.

Thoughts please?

Take her down I will offer the famous steak meal!

If you go, Dave, take her to the Market Porter to be gawped at by the regulars on here.

I have meet the lovely lady in question Naps ....so another gawp would not go a miss.....

In answer to your question Dave .I think she makes the rules ...so she will decide ..;)

Dave...got to take her mate. If you get into any aggro, you can use her as a human shield :D

1. I think Valentine's Day is actually a couple of days later.

2. I'm not sure that is what she really wants as a Valentine's Day "treat" anyway.

Depends if she likes football, really. That may sound daft - but what I mean is that if your missus doesn't really like going to football, and she's only there because she wants to "spend an evening with her man", then it's a disastrously bad idea.

You'll sit there with half an eye on her, thinking to yourself:

(a) Is she cold / bored / miserable?
(b) Is she likely to be attacked by the simian Millwall fans?

and (c), worst of all, you'll be thinking to yourself:

"Will she think I'm a complete animal / ar*ehole when I stand up and shout "F*** off Harris you c**t!"

You end up moderating your behaviour, with the result that you end up not fully enjoying yourself... while she also doesn't enjoy the footballing experience because it was cold / foul-mouthed / boring / of appalling quality on the park.

And then she'll spend a lifetime wondering why on earth you'd want to go to watch Southend rather than spending your Saturday afternoons with her.

:cry: :thump: :cry:

However, if she likes footy and a beer, and is likely to get into the swing of things, then why not... it could be the start of something beautiful...

:D

Thoughts please?

As long as you keep her on a tight leash, she shouldn't frighten the Millwall fans too much :D :D

For what its worth DtS - I find bringing Mrs I_S to Roots Hall much safer, simply because it is friendly surroundings etc. (Shame she has to endure the leering gazes of cricko though...) At Forest away (her first away game) she was very uncomfortable walking through the away fans, thinking we would get attacked - and generally just complained about the cold and the fact she couldnt see anything for 90 minutes from where we sat...

There should be plenty of coppers around to protect the away support at millwall so the 'danger' factor shouldn't come into it i hope...but you do have the 'TrueBlue' factor to contend with: you nip out to take a whizz and when you come back he's already got your mrs out for a steak meal!

Thoughts please?

Simple. Tell her you would rather take her to home games so that SUFC get the ticket money rather than one of our rivals.

Back